Additional countries roll-out.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by leerichards1, Sep 24, 2013.

1. leerichards1 macrumors regular

What's the general consensus on when launch dates for other European countries will be announced? I wonder if the enormous demand from the initial countries has meant the others will have to wait even longer, or if Apple will continue with their original roll-out plan.

2. leerichards1 thread starter macrumors regular

Still no gossip/news about the next launch date? Hopefully they'll provide some information at the rumoured mid-October iPad launch event.

3. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

I came to this thread thinking it provided answers. I was let down :( Hopefully soon.

4. Baconstripss macrumors member

A lot of rumors are fuzzing around in Denmark about a October 18th release.
    It was the CEO of Humac, Denmark's biggest premium apple reseller, who first stated this date and thus started the rumors in Denmark.

Some articles in New Zealand have also been stating this date

5. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Apple said 100 countries in December if I recall the launch event correctly. So most countries should hopefully see a launch by sometime in December if Apple is to be believed ;).

6. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

100 countries in December alone or by December? I imagine the latter

7. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

My carrier says "second half of October", so it could easily be 18th.

8. leerichards1 thread starter macrumors regular

Ufff, sorry. I should have used a question mark in the title :(

9. Ballis macrumors 6502a

Ive heared october 18th aswell
    Next wave should be scandinavia and benelux, if zdnet is to be believed.

10. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

I live in neither of those countries. Actually we've never been in the second wave countries, and our biggest carrier says second half of October. (The only two possible dates are 18th and 25th). This all but confirms 18th for the second wave (which might include my country for the first time :) )

11. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

The slide was a little ambiguous, it says "December 100 countries"

[​IMG]

12. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

It doesn't matter what the slide says. What's important is what Phil said, and he said BY December. The same thing happened last year.

13. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Until Apple actually confirm a date it doesn't matter whether the slide says "December" Phil said "by December" or someone else thinks "in December".

We can all guess and pretend we know the the definite answer because "Phil said" ;).

The most accurate guess is sometime between tomorrow and the end of December.

14. Alena84 macrumors newbie

my guess - the delay is because of China.
    usually china was in the "December wave", so Europe could get their iphones in time. this time all our iphones went to China :(

still hoping to get my new 5s before December though. 18th October sounds OK, but still no confirmation from our local dealers :(

15. leerichards1 thread starter macrumors regular

iPhone 5s & iPhone 5c Arrive in Italy, Russia, Spain & More Than 25 Countries on Friday, October 25

Available in India, Mexico & More Than a Dozen Additional Countries on Friday, November 1

CUPERTINO, California—October 9, 2013—Apple® today announced iPhone® 5s, the most forward-thinking smartphone in the world, and iPhone 5c, the most colorful iPhone yet, will be available in Italy, Russia, Spain and more than 25 additional countries on Friday, October 25. iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c will also be available in more than a dozen countries on Friday, November 1, including India and Mexico.

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/201...e-Than-25-Countries-on-Friday-October-25.html

16. alFR macrumors 68020

They'd better fulfil the remainder of the online orders from launch day / shortly after before then or the pitchforks and torches will be out!