Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveg56

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2002
san ramon, ca
I'm getting a new powerbook and want to transfer all me contacts to the new powerbook with out doing to via ethernet cable or firewire transfer. I would like to burn it to disk and then install on the new machine. i will not have both machines at the same time so this is really the only way I can think of to get all my contacts from one to other at seperate times. Anyway, when i try to burn it to a blank disk it does not show up. Any help is appreciated or any other ideas on how to do this would help.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
#1: What version of Mac OS X are you running? What machine and especially what model CD-RW are you using? (brand, speeds, Firewire? USB?)

If you do not have the latest software, update first.

#2: If this is an external CD-RW, have you tried checking the CD-RW to see if it is recognized at all via Toast or even your Apple System Profiler? Is your model on this list of compatible external CD-RWs?

#3: What have you already tried to get the disc to register? (Different cables, different ports, a different disk etc.)

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
How big of a file are we talking?

If it's small enough, I would just email it to myself. You can use your email account as temporary storage this way... then download it on the new computer. It only works if the file is under transfer/storage caps on your email account...

pnw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.