Adium is messing up...

cleo

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2002
Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
Originally posted by scem0
Switch to the regular AIM client. Adium isn't all that great.
And you're on... crack rock? AIM is better than Adium? Okaaaay.

Vjv, what version of Adium are you running? Are you able to connect at all? Sometimes I'll get booted off repeatedly by the AOL servers, and you just have to deal. If it continues, you might want to check the Adium message boards.

I'm not currently having any trouble at all with my Adium.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
It is better for reasons like this. I mean, it is good and all, but AIM does everything anyone needs it to do, and it has more compatibility.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
adium is meant to be small, lean and customizable.

IMO, it blows the other clients out of the water. if you're looking for bling-bling, this is not the program for you.

TOC? maybe that's table of contents where it's trying to look up something and it is failing. your problem could be network or protocol related. try what cleo said about doing a search or visiting adium related message boards.

try another AIM client and see if that works. then you might be able to pinpoint problems more accurately.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
make sure you go to versiontracker.com and get the latest version. i believe this was a known issue with the last version not sure though. if all else fails install a new copy.

iJon

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2002
New York
Originally posted by scem0
It is better for reasons like this. I mean, it is good and all, but AIM does everything anyone needs it to do, and it has more compatibility.
It also doesn't have tabbed IMs, tons of customizability, and no ads.

The only thing it has that Adium doesn't is file transfer. It is even better than iChat IMO.

beavis4103

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
adam says 1.6.2c fixes this problem, go check the adium forum for more info. here
what do you mean you need a profile? adium has that.

i'm running 1.6.4 now connecting to java-aim-vip-m.blue.aol.com and i deleted the error.nib file in the package. that solved trh problem. not sure if 1.6.4.06 has this problem. but to fix you just have to delete the error.nib file. oh yeah, check the forum also.

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
I have the "update"

I also am STILL having that problem. It started about a week ago, and the update did absolutely nothing...

The other night I was having problems with AIM and had to use iChat...I hate iChat....too "flashy" also, its BIG....I want a small, simple IM client....like Adium, but I want it to work without that stupid error every few seconds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.