Adjust date and time of .jpg files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tiedyemargie, Apr 11, 2018.

1. tiedyemargie macrumors newbie

tiedyemargie

I had many .jpg files that have the incorrect date and time that I would like to fix in a batch. What I mean by this is I'd like to select the photos, indicate the time difference and have all of them adjust to the corrected date/time.

I would prefer not to do this in iPhoto. I tried that and it isn't saving the adjustment when I look at the file in the finder window-the adjustment only shows up in iPhoto.

I have an "application" called jhead. I've used jhead successfully to fix the "modified" date of my photos (jhead -ft *.JPG), but have had no success getting it to adjust the date and time (jhead -ta-1:15:00 DSCN3221.JPG).

Any suggestions or advice would be most welcome and appreciated.

2. ItWasNotMe macrumors 6502

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It is saving them to the file, but you are looking at the wrong file. When you do an edit like this, iPhoto makes a copy of the file and applies the changes to that file and keeps the original file as a "master". It sounds like you are looking at the master file in Finder.

4. tiedyemargie thread starter macrumors newbie

tiedyemargie

This worked! Thank you *so* much. I spent hours trying to find a solution before posting here!
    --- Post Merged, Apr 12, 2018 ---

I understand. Will look again. Thank you for your help :)