Adobe CS2 install issues with Leopard on Intel iMac…

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dburney, Nov 27, 2007.

1. dburney macrumors member

dburney

I recently did a clean install of Leopard on my Intel iMac and have been busy getting all the apps back up to snuff, moving my iTunes and iPhoto libraries to external drives, cleaning house, out with the old in with the new. Last night I was re-installed CS2 twice! After the first install I ran the updater app and when it was finished I tried to launch Illustrator and AI crashed. Wouldn't even get the launch screen up. Then I tried InDesign - it gave me a pop-up about missing plug-ins and said I should reinstall. InDesign finally boots but there are no pallets or toolbars available. At this point I put CS2 installer disk 1 back in and go through the PDF explaining how to uninstall CS2. I do a second install of CS2 with the exact same results. Has anyone had trouble getting CS2 to reinstall on Intel under Leopard?

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Seeing as a fair few Adobe CS3 apps have problems with Leopard I would think you would have even less luck running CS2 apps under it.

3. dburney thread starter macrumors member

dburney

Agreed - however, prior to the clean install I had done the plain ol' upgrade from Tiger to Leopard. Everything was working fine. I had planned on migrating a lot of Media to NAS and setting up Time Machine, I figured it was a good time to backup, erase and start anew. Oh well, I guess I should've left well enough alone. The one time I do the right thing (clean vs. upgrade) and it screws me.