Adobe will allow owners of CS3 and CS4 to upgrade to CS6.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by definitive, Jan 11, 2012.

1. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Wow, that's unexpected. I never thought I'd say this, but kudos to Adobe for the great customer service move.

3. definitive thread starter macrumors 68000

definitive

Agreed. When I heard that they wouldn't allow the older versions to upgrade I felt a bit upset since I don't have the money to keep buying upgrades over and over. With their previous system they allowed 1-2 extra versions of upgrades, so it was more tolerable.

I kept going back and forth trying to decide if I should spend the money on 5.5 Design Premium upgrade during Black Friday, and at the end I decided to hold off until CS6 was out, and maybe pick up 5.5 then (I own CS4). I kinda felt uneasy about getting 5.5 mostly because it doesn't take much advantage of Lion's features. Then today I see the news about CS3/4 to 6 announcement, and it made me glad that I skipped 5.5.

4. maflynn, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012

maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

For me, I went from CS3 to CS5 just because of ACR, but I'm planning on staying on PS for the foreseeable future.

5. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Guess the public thumpin' that Scott Kelby and others gave 'em finally sunk in.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

From what I read thanks to your post, it looks like there was a mass revolt because adobe snuck in a late change to their upgrade policies.

Here's a link to that open letter. http://www.scottkelby.com/blog/2011/archives/22903

7. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....I was already on PS CS5 but Mrs Duff-man was still on CS4. She had *wanted* CS5 but thought she could wait for CS6 - she was quite annoyed at Adobe's announcement when she saw it a in December. I managed to find a CS5 upgrade at a bargain price, but she'd have bought it ages ago if she had have known, and now they've flip-flopped again anyway. Is Adobe being run by the same people as Netflix?;) But at least we're both all set for CS6 whenever it comes out....oh yeah!