Advantage of buying at apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IUBall22, Oct 7, 2012.

1. IUBall22 macrumors 6502

Just wondering if there are any advantages of buying iPhone 5 at an apple store over Verizon/Walmart/target

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The primary advantage is: you're not going to get a salesman on comission who is going to try to hard-sell you on getting an Android device, and spew out incorrect information to try to sway you.

You will also be able to inspect your purchase right then and there, and if there is a problem, you're less likely to get hassled about swapping it out for another one without problems.

3. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

If you're planning on getting AppleCare+, it's easier to get the phone and AC at the Apple Store.

A couple of reasons to get the phone at one of the other stores would be if they have a certain color/capacity phone in stock that the Apple Store doesn't, or if you are making changes to your cellular plan and would rather do that at the carrier store.

4. taedouni macrumors 65816

The main benefit is the 30 day return/exchange policy. Other than that there is no real benefit.

5. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

The apple store will also have a better selection of accessories. But for the 5 this may be moot

6. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Apple has a very nice plastic bag ... really nice. ;)

7. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

If you buy at the apple store I think you have slightly more pull when it comes to exchanges. Way back in the day I bought an iPod there that constantly bugged out and skipped like crazy, they swapped it for me no questions asked.

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

9. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

The Apple store has no iP5 accessories other than the charging cable. The AT&T/Verizon store have a large collection of cases.

Applecare+ and device only purchase are easier at the Apple store. :apple:

10. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Sounds good
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/moot

11. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

For me:

more knowledgable sales staff
    no android hard sell
    no upsell on plans
    EASY addition of applecare+

and right now:

the (potential) ability for reservation for a next day purchase.

12. imazu macrumors regular

This

13. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I say go for the Apple store if they have it in stock.

I bought it at Best Buy, and while Best Buy's official return policy is 30 days, each mobile branch operator makes up their own rules when it comes to returns. I've heard everything from:

1. The iphone is in high demand, so we can't take returns if it has damage (even if that damage was on the phone out of the box)

2. Same as (1), but no exchanges

3. You can only return to original store you purchased from (they give you the run around)

Sure, eventually you can get your return, but you are going to have to file a complaint to corporate and have them call the local store.

Then I took it to the Apple store after all this, and they said "you have to deal with BB since you purchased from there." After some persuasion, Apple finally decided to help me with a replacement. But it wouldn't have been as easy had I just purchased from there outright.

Avoid 3rd party retailers imo.