Advantage of buying my 6+ at the VZ Store, Apple Store or Best Buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mojer, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Mojer macrumors member

I am ready to upgrade to the 6+ as my current contract with VZ has expired. I am not looking to make any changes to my account and only want to upgrade to the 6+. Is there an advantage in making this purchase at the Verizon Store, the Apple Store or Best Buy? All of them are located within the city I live in. Thanks for any input.

2. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

If you go to a verizon store, they may try and force you into their Verizon Edge plan. Verizon stores have to have the installment billing percentage at a pretty high level. If you go to Best Buy, they'll offer the Verizon Edge plan but if you don't want that...they will still do the 2yr contract. Plus, Best Buy price matches on iPhones, cases, shield screen protectors, ect, ect, ect. I've never bought a phone at an Apple Store, nor have I ever worked there.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Best place is the Apple Store imo. Easier returns. They tend to have more product. They won't try and push anythibg in you that you don't want.

Next is Best Buy. They list their iPhones $50 above retail. They should price March but I've heard some didn't, at least closer to launch day. Conoany policy is to price match though...

Last is Verizon. They can refuse to sell a phone outright (not saying they will). I know when we tried while my wife was in Verizon they refused because "they can't sell iphone out of contract".

4. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Apple Store. Easier returns/exchanges if something is defective with the phone. Verizon in general is terrible to deal. I've had so many issues with Best Buy over the years I avoid them at all costs, there is a reason they are almost on life support.

5. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

After dealing with going through the carriers for years, and then going to the Apple Store, well, I'm never going through the carriers again. Apple goes above and beyond in so many situations where the carrier wouldn't care or would try to actively screw you. Go to Apple and don't look back.

6. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I agree with this order of desirability.

7. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Apple. Buy any phone off contract with no hassles. Easy returns or exchanges. Both att and Verizon try to sell contracts. Been a few years since I bought a phone at bb... But it seems less return friendly.