Adventures in being black continued... Moving in

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JayMysterio, May 1, 2018.

1. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

http://pix11.com/2018/04/30/cops-ca...-tenant-former-white-house-staffer-moving-in/

My favorite part...

Or to put a little flavor on that...
    https://www.theroot.com/movinginwhileblack-former-white-house-staffer-accused-1825676624

Because we all know how well things often turn out when the police believe there might anything in the hands of a PoC. This is quickly becoming the new standard course of action for some. See something they don't care for or concerns them, call the police. Party ahead of you not playing fast enough for you on the golf course, and you didn't win the argument you started about it? Ooh. Ooh. The argument was with black people? Call the police! Gym members rightfully using the gym membership they paid for & it's complimentary free pass for a friend to possibly get new business, but you incorrectly deny them & are too embarrassed to face the music. Ask them leave cause it's lawful right to do so, then call the police.

Patron enters your store acting disruptive and wearing clothing you might not care for. Ask them to leave because it's your lawful right to do so, ...and NOT call the police? Wait. Forget that example, that must involve religious freedom or something.

Now, now, I know some are tired of hearing about race. You know who's more tired about the whole issue of race? PoC! Yeah, can you believe that mess?! o_O PoC tired of race coming up over & over.

But it still does. And it's tired I tell ya'. Tired.

But hey, some people get triggered when race is brought up. Usually not PoC strangely enough. Those triggered can't see racism, not being a victim of it tends to do that. But some claim they are victims, that bit where they are denied something because it was given to a PoC. Here's an example of a man punished because he supposed involved too many PoC.

https://www.theroot.com/football-coach-says-he-lost-his-job-because-he-had-too-1825678381

WHAT THE HECK?!

There's just no winning anymore. For some, that is.

So for some who are tired of hearing about race, trust bruh, others are too.

They just don't have the same luxury you do.

An 'investigation' determined Martin wasn't breaking into his own apartment? Investigation? :rolleyes: Wow.

2. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Well he didn't get shot so that is good.

Sad that stuff like this still goes on. Odds are the people that saw him entering the apartment probably did not realize that the previous tenant moved out.

3. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Why the heck would someone call the cops on him? I know it was late at night and that might be an odd time to move, but when you see what you think is a robbery wouldn't you stop yourself when you saw that the person was bringing things in to the apartment?

I wouldn't get yourself too worked up over the word "investigation." It probably took them about five minutes to sort out what was going on and that was probably the extent of their investigation.

4. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

It was snark and reference to the never ending Starbucks thread, where more investigation is required there, than in the Mueller investigation.

Still hell of a concept, that you need to be 'investigated' about moving into your own place.

"Yes, seems you have keys to the place."

"Yes, you are indeed putting stuff INTO the apartment."

You have to admit, he would have made one heck of a higher grade squatter, before they checked his lease.

Sigh. I wonder how many other tenants moving in they called the police on?

5. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Every neighborhood has one of THOSE people, the nosy, self appointed neighborhood watch.:rolleyes: You know the one. They always report you to the HOA for not mowing the lawn religiously or not taking in the trash bin as soon as trash is picked up.:mad: On the plus side, i don't need to pay for home security.:p
    One time, I donated some old furniture to a local charity and two large black guys showed up to haul the stuff away. While they were loading up the truck, the police pulled up, cherries flashing. Nosy neighbor reported a burglary in progress.:eek: Pretty bold of them to walk in the front door, in broad daylight, and carry out a sofa while the home owner chats with them.o_O I had to show the officer my license to prove I was the home owner and the two fellows were taking my old stuff to help out a less fortunate family.

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I have a neighbor who's house is wired up like a MF'er with Ring or Nest cams. It's like I'm living next to Jack Burns. My wife gets a text in the middle of the day once asking if we're missing a garbage can (they checked tape apparently). These are the same people who currently have a beef with the neighbors behind them claiming their kid bent their fence retrieving a ball (that tape is conveniently missing) and has caused TWO adjacent neighbors to up and move.

7. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

That’s pretty ridiculous, but not unheard of.

When I was in middle school my neighbors called the police because they thought I was breaking into my own house! Just goes to show how well people know their neighbors in stuffy, suburban Connecticut.

Anyways, like 3 cops showed up with guns drawn. Absolutely ridiculous.

8. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

We just got a ring doorbell before Christmas. One of the interesting features is that you can post footage to a site and share it with other ring customers in your local area. The idea is that you can give people a heads up about suspicious activity.

Some of the stuff that gets posted on ours...

One guy posted a video of three kids in front of his house that looked “out of place”. They were riding their bikes...in the cul de sac...at 4PM in broad daylight.

You’re absolutely right. Every neighborhood has one.

9. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Yeah I have a ring doorbell and see the stupid ass videos people post. "Suspicious car"=some guy was turning around. Coyote warnings, the funny ones are delivery drivers chucking **** at peoples doors.

10. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

White Supremacy!! MAGA!!!
    Hitler will be proud!

(wait, did I say Hitler?? slip of the fingers)

11. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

A few years back a black man bought a belt buckle at Barney's with a credit card and their staff called the police, he hadn't even made it a block before two undercover detectives nabbed him. Turned out it was his own CC, no issues and all was legit except for the fact that it was blatant racial profiling.

Just being black is not a crime and both society and sheltered white people need to stop treating it as such. There are good and bad people of all color, in either case there should be probable cause.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That reminds me of this.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...set=a.1478201403998.2061344.1502644967&type=3

13. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

14. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I am really & truly hoping I won't have to make this a regular weekly series.

A developing story that is on social networks that I am truly hoping isn't true. Just waiting to see if it is verified anywhere.

[​IMG]

15. 0007776 Suspended

The country is big enough that someone is going to get the cops called on them on a regular basis because a neighbor doesn’t recognize them or doesn’t like the fact that their neighbor is renting out their place on AirBnB. Of course the ones that will make the news are the ones where they can sell it as racist so I’m sure you’ll be able to make it a regular weekly thing if you want to be outraged.

16. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Please do. I relish the thought of you prowling around the internet looking up things to be outraged about lol.

What a terrific past time you've discovered!

17. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

If... I... want... to... be... outraged? o_O

One should be cool with black people getting the police called on them in seemingly more & more frequent occasions? For no reason, but doing the same thing others do without heightened scrutiny?

Because the odds are with this ever increasing incidences of 'concerned' white people calling the police on black people they don't know, it will end badly.

Then we will move to the phase where people will be finding ways to blame the people who had the police called on them. All based on something they supposedly didn't do. While avoiding the fact that it stemmed from calling the police on some PoC unnecessarily.

The fact that is happening so often, and seemingly increasing with the same exact instances, should be a cause for some outrage.

Especially if you are a PoC.
    --- Post Merged, May 6, 2018 ---
    You are too easily amused. But the fact that you are amused about this, does speak volumes.

18. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

In fairness, burglaries do happen like that. The burglars act like they are there for a reason and people won't suspect anything. I live in a neighborhood with model homes still here. One day a few guys with a truck showed up and loaded up all the furniture out of a model and drove away. Nobody said a word or called the police.

19. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Probably an hourly thing because that's how often it happens in this country of ours. If it's only weekly thats what I'd call a good week in America.

Of course, the deniers will continue to deny.

20. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

Sure the situation is identical.:rolleyes:

21. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

That's right, I forget. You only see the end result of the instances. You can't see the parts of the events that led up to the police being called and the possible real reason for the police being called.

Like LA Fitness.

Like the PA golf course.

Like LA fitness.

Nope. Nothing to see here, you can keep the Starbucks thread going. Thanks for stopping by.

22. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

You’re welcome. You invited MR posters to stop by with that comment. Connect the dots using racism as glue doesn’t work that way.

23. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I hadn't read that manual you wrote on how things work. My bad.

24. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

There is no manual only some (hyperbolic) commentary, otherwise known across the board as opinion.

25. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Now isn't that what a forum is often about?