Advice for a MobileMe user stuck on SL because of Quicken

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wrldwzrd89, Oct 12, 2011.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

This thread isn't for me but rather for someone in my family, who is too shy to post this question here :eek:

Anyway, imagine this: I'm a MobileMe user, unaffected by the changes in services iCloud offers vs. MobileMe, but I cannot move from Snow Leopard to Lion (mostly) because of Quicken (not the Essentials version), which won't run on that OS. However, in order to migrate my account to iCloud I MUST upgrade to Lion. I use Quicken for tracking my various accounts and investments, and make use of the online import of data feature. Which of the Quicken alternatives out there (that are Lion-compatible) would you recommend for me?

2. Whitj macrumors newbie

Win7

I've spent quite a bit of time looking for a good personal finance program on the Mac. Unfortunately, they aren't very good. I had access to a cheap version of Win7 from school and found a good deal on Parallels from Amazon. I run Windows solely to use the PC version of Quicken. Crazy...

3. codelode84 macrumors regular

codelode84

I second this but I use VM Ware you will find the Windoze version of Quicken to be much more complete.:mad:

4. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Personally I have been using Quicken Essentials and it works great for my needs. I understand that it may not have all the features you need/want. Having recently moved earlier this year from Windows to Mac, I found Quicken Essentials for the Mac a good replacement for the Quicken Premiere 2010 I had on the PC.

However, knowing that everyones needs/wants may be different, and seeing the bad reviews for Quicken Essentials (Which I don't agree with), have you looked at iBank4? There is a 30 day trial available and you may want to give that a try.

5. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

iBank is what I was leaning towards. I was just wondering if there were any other alternatives I didn't know about that could handle my needs. Thanks, though!

6. T-Mac macrumors member

I use Moneydance and it's perfect for my needs.

7. sparrowsfall macrumors newbie

If you use classes/tags...

...the only option I've found is Moneydance. The others don't support classes/tags.

It seems really impressive. The only reason I haven't gone over is that its reporting options still aren't up to snuff -- i.e. pulling a P&L with each tag/class (for me, identifying products) in a column.