Advice needed! Itunes and new accounts with i-phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mrs B!, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Mrs B! macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,
    I need your suggestions please for a 3rd party application. I hope I am posting in the right section of the forum:confused:

Here is my situation:

I live in Canada.

My current i-tunes account (on windows lap top) is a UK account (I still have a uk bank account) and have been using my i-pod until I purchased an I-phone at the weekend.

When setting up my i-phone it would not allow me to use my UK apple id so I set up a Canadian account.

I now want to get my uk library into my new Canadian i-tunes account and ultimately sync with my i-phone but will need import and convert the files.

I spoke with Apple yesterday and they said it could be done through a 3rd party provider (they couldn't tell me who/what) that imports and converts uk to canadian.

Can anyone advise how to go about this so that my uk library transfers without losing songs. I am not too concerned about video/photos.

ANY advice would be most appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mrs B:cool:

2. Akuratyde macrumors regular

About a year ago I began using a new email address, and created a new iTunes account with the new address. All of the songs, movies, and TV shows I'd purchased from iTunes under the old account still remain in my library and I can play them on any device.

Maybe it's different because you've switched countries, but I was under the impression that any files purchased under an older iTunes account would still show up in your library even when signed in under a new account.

3. Mrs B! thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, yes it's because it's from a differrent country:mad:

So frustrating!