Advice on Returning an iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MikeM87, Dec 18, 2011.

1. MikeM87 macrumors 6502

MikeM87

Hey guys / girls,

I received my iPhone 4s on the 2nd November and since then friends have gotten them too. I have noticed that my screen isn't as sharp as theirs and has more of a yellow tint to it, as i see many peoples have.

My question is will Apple swap the iPhone just because am not happy with the screen? Its nothing major I know but i have also noticed that when i turn my iPhone off which believe it or not i have never done before today it turns itself back on, not all of the time but on some occasions.

This would cause me a problem for when i travel or even want to just turn the phone off like today.

I have booked an appointment with a genius tomorrow after work but thought i would ask for some advice in the first instance.

Thanks for any input :)

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

From what I have been told in the past from a Genius, you are given (unofficially) a 1 time swap for whatever reason you can come up with within your warranty period, but after that 1 time swap you will have to have an actual issue with your device before they will do a swap again.

So if you want to use this 1 time swap now for a screen tint, then go for it, but normally that is not considered to be enough of an issue to warrant a swap.

About the turning on by itself, I suggest you try a reset first before going in.

3. jamesvdm macrumors regular

jamesvdm

The yellow tint screen is a much more natural colour and looks great especially when viewing photos.

Getting a replacement depends on the genius.

4. MikeM87 thread starter macrumors 6502

MikeM87

ok thanks its just kind of annoying when i look at my screen and then look at a friends especially when i payed so much for the phone in the first place. Dont get me wrong i know you will never get two screens that are identical just annoys me :(

----------

Ok thanks :) i'll see what they say tomorrow and let you guys know.

How about the turning off issue? Could that be a serious problem?

----------

Ok thanks :) i'll see what they say tomorrow and let you guys know.

How about the turning off issue? Could that be a serious problem?

5. MikeM87 thread starter macrumors 6502

MikeM87

Also i probably sound like i complain to much now but the battery drains far to fast ok i've read the posts but really i take it off charge for half an hour if that and its at 90% is this normal?

What do you guys think?

1. Not very happy with the screen (washed out look)
    2. When i turn it off it turns itself back on
    3. Battery seems really poor

I love the phone but am hoping it can be swapped tomorrow and i'll see how it is then.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Do they have to swap it out? No. Will they? Depends on the genius. If you can bring your friend (mostly just his phone) with you and show them the difference, it may help your case.

To me, the funny thing here is that you were happy with it until you saw your friend's phone. What's the sense in that? I have seen a "yellow" phone next to a "blue" phone next to a "normal" phone and there are differences. When used alone (as they would be 99.9999999% of the time) you can;t tell the difference.

7. MikeM87 thread starter macrumors 6502

MikeM87

ok you can see the yellow tinge when you look at it from different angles and why should i pay the same as everyone else to have a phone thats not the same quality?

Also this battery issue is more than software related. i've sent four iMessages nothing else this morning and my battery is 40% thats not normal is it?

I own the majority of Apples products ipods, Macbook Pro, iMac, iPad and it seems the iphone which is the newest is worst which has been used the most.

Am hoping Apple will offer me the chance to swap the handset as i'm really disappointed and just want the same quality iPhone as my friend.

My brother also purchased a 4s this weekend. His battery when idle like mine does not decrease half as fast :(

The phone was recieved on 3rd November so its not like i've had it along time at all.

Any more thoughts?

Plus why wont it stay switched off?

8. Achillias macrumors regular

You are trying to find some excuses, the simple thing is. You're to late for having a swap just because you dont like the tint of the screen. You might be lucky in a Applestore to switch it, but you dont have any rights to claim.

9. MikeM87 thread starter macrumors 6502

MikeM87

I could post a video of the turning on by itself thing if anyone has had the same issue?

Why do people tend not to believe what you say on here like i would come and waste my time lieing all am asking for is some advice i even highlighted that earlier on is you read the full post.

Anyway thanks for all the advice i did get booked in later on...

10. ikaveh macrumors regular

because some people are mentally sick and nowadays you can see this sickness more on the net.

11. matttye macrumors 601

The yellow tint is not a defect or a sign that your screen lacks quality. It's just the way your screen is. Some screens are warmer (yellow tint) and some are colder (blue tint).

Like somebody said, if you only noticed it when you compared it to your friends, why does it bother you and why do you specifically look for it? Stop obsessing over your phone and just use it. I guarantee if you stop looking out for it and just use it, you won't even notice.