Advice please- AT&T Cut Service Over Unbilled Charges

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mfmalizia, Mar 7, 2012.

1. mfmalizia macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I went on a business trip last week from the US to France, it was for a week, and while I was there, I talked to my colleagues in the US quite often. So I get some texts from AT&T when I get back saying my international charges are over $500 in unbilled charges, and we need to discuss the bill. Then my service is cut, and they insist I get an international package, or pay the $500 that I don't even have a bill for yet! The rep also couldn't answer how I was suppose to pay this money, because there is no bill! In addition, my online profile mentions nothing about a loss of service, or any additional money owed other than the normal monthly bill. Has this happened to any of you, and what did you do? My company will reimburse me for the money, but I need a bill first!

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

I don't really have a suggestion for your main question, but why don't you add an international plan to your account? They can probably backdate it, and that would probably substantially reduce your bill from the $500 it is now. Then you can remove the international plan now that you are back.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

4. mfmalizia thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, it makes sense, though I guess my main issue is cutting service over something unbilled. I was following the usual model of services, wherein you use the service, then they bill you, THEN they cut your service if you don't pay, not way before you even get a bill.

I also see that the international package saves $.40 cents a minute, plus there's the cost of the package. What if I still went over $500 with the international package? Would they cut my service?

5. wpotere Guest

If you would have contacted them ahead of time, they would have flagged your account and not cut it. They were trying to keep you from running up a bill that you didn't expect.