advise on used iPhone 4S inspection

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mrg02d, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Hey guys,
    I decided to sell my GS3 and return to the iPhone 4S.

I won a used 32gb iPhone 4S on eBay. It is described as being MINT with no cracks or scratches.

So, what are some things to check once it gets here? Aside from obvious checks (power on, dirty, scratches ect.)

if its mint, I assume there shouldn't be any hidden issues like a soon to fail home button. I have an iPad 3 with a nice, crisp, home button to compare to. What else should I be inspecting to ensure that it is indeed in mint condition?(ie, no headaches to spring up a month later). If anything is suspect, I have 45 days to start a claim on PayPal.

Thanks guys!
    Matt

2. Mrbobb, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012

Mrbobb macrumors 601

Cosmetic, you can deal with that yourself.

Functional: USE IT, make a call, use the headset, buttons do what they suppose to? It they stick, it's going to bug you.

Performance: Make sure WIFI works, bluetooth works, cellular data works. If at all possible have another WIFI/cellular device side-to-side to compare. If you laptop is getting a strong WIFI signal, you should expect a strong WIFI signal on the phone as well.

p.s.: Just in case, google the Model# and be sure that's a 4s, not a 4! and of course check it's really a 32 gig.

3. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

There are water damage tags in a few spots. Can't remember bert where but I'd Google it and check those