AEBS AirDisk w/ Lacie Mini 250 FW and Lacie Mini 500 FW/USB Hub

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Clappernicus, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Clappernicus macrumors newbie

I am trying to connect my Airport Extreme Base Station (AEBS) with my two
    external HD - a Lacie Mini 250 FW and Lacie Mini 500 FW/USB Hub. The 250HD is
    connected via firewire (FW) to the 500HD hub and the 500HD is connected to the
    AEBS. The 500HD is formated in Extended (Journaled) and works fine. However, I
    cannot get the 250HD to be recognized. I've tried formatting it in Extended and
    Extended (Journaled), but to no avail. And now, I cannot get the 500HD to be
    recognized IF the 250HD is plugged into it. Any help you can offer. It is odd
    that one of your drives would work, yet another from the same ilk wouldn't. Both
    drives boot to my desktop when connected directly to my computer, individually.
    And both HDs work when directly connected to my computer attaching the 250HD to
    the 500HD hub, then attaching the hub to my computer via FW or USB.

I'm running OS 10.4.10 on a 17" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz

Thanks

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Nor will you be able to. Your FW hub does not work when it is connected to a USB port (as on the AEBSn). Your best solution will be to connect the 250FW to your computer and simply turn on sharing. The other solution is to buy a USB2 enclosure for your 250gig drive to connect to the USB hub on your 500gig drive.