AEBS streams 1080p/720p video on Vista.. but not on Macosx Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Heroism777, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Heroism777 macrumors newbie

As the thread title says: I just want to solve why Macosx quicktime and VLC seems to be suttering while streaming a video from the airdisk while Vista using Mplayer works perfectly fine streaming 720p.

the AEBS is certainly capable of doing it. So i don't understand the reasoning why I can't stream it in macosx. There must be something Leopard is doing to throttle my network.

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

In what codecs and bit rates are the files encoded for each platform? My AEBSn transmits H.264 1080 content with no problems.

3. Heroism777 thread starter macrumors newbie

they are MKV format files. so... i guess whatever mkv files are. haha
    I'm also set to 802.11N + b/g compatibility. If it works in Vista, theres no reason to change to 802.11N 2Ghz or 5Ghz.

I'm pretty sure its something to do with Leopard thats causing the stuttering.

4. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Not sure what might be causing it. I only do MPEG4 containers with H.264-compressed files and they work well for my system (Apple TV and wireless n macs in the house).

5. err404 macrumors 68020

I don't know if this is your issue, but since 10.5.2 there have bee some throughput problems on file transfers in Leopard. Google "10.5.2 delayed ack" for more detail on a potential workaround.

6. Heroism777 thread starter macrumors newbie

nope that didn't help
    sudo sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack=0
    in the terminal.

Its still stuttering.. damn. There must be some setting thats making lepond kill my bandwidth.. or a error in leopard somewhere causing the stuttering.

I tried to disable bonjour.. lol.. then it disabled access to the airdisk. lol. So that didn't work.

Quite a mystery.