Aetna's Alternative Reality

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Jan 23, 2017.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Last summer Aetna claimed it was pulling out of 11 of 15 states because they were losing too much money due to the Obamacare exchanges.

Today a federal judge found that claim false ...
    Aetna went to great lengths to hide the true reason for their pull-out ...
    Aetna's pull-out has been used by Republicans as justification for repealing Obamacare ...

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

ACA is on it's way out so don't care what AETNA did.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

You should. Aetna was part of the problem and lied. They stoked the fire. I thought you valued the truth?

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

been against the mandate from the unaffordable care act from the start, so AETNA is completely IRRELEVANT to me.

5. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I had AETNA through my job. They were ridiculously big on lying. I'd call and they'd say "Oh yeah, that doctors covered!", I'd ask the doctors office and they'd say yes too. Then bam out of network. I called to complain twice, I had them pull the call. They excused themselves by saying I should have asked the doctors office, then I did a conference call with both. They both denied being responsible. After 3 months, the insurance paid 50% and the doctors office gave me a 10% discount off the remainder. It only took about 20 calls to both to get this done.

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

guilty,,,,,,,,,,,,and today I have a son that I love.............

8. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

Just curious - did you think the individual mandate (proposed by a conservative think tank) a bad idea under Romneycare?

And when people without insurance have to go to the hospital, who do you think pays for it?

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

He's a Trump supporter he values alternative facts when regular facts don't line up.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

1.Yes.
    2. You think they didn't go since ACA was passed?
    Our premium went up no matter what. Good riddance

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Close to malfeasance? Damn...what does someone have to do for it to be actual malfeasance? Because that sounds pretty bad!

12. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Insurance companies are terrible. Period. Top notch scammers.

13. poloponies macrumors 68030

Math not your strong suit? If 20 million more people now have coverage than did before you can't figure out that hospitals are serving fewer uninsured people?

ACA is not going to disappear. Trumps going to tweak it, rename it and claim it as his own idea.

14. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Called it months ago. Insurance companies hardly ever face losses that hurt their bottom line so severely to require a mass pullout. The negotiated rate for a major and very expensive surgery is pennies on the dollar compared to what a private citizen would pay out of pocket. OHS at $320,000 for example would come out to be maybe 60% of that to the hospital/carer.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

The death panels that people feared would form With obama care have been formed. And the first patient under review is the ACA.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

alternative facts? "if"???? as pointed out plenty of times the out of pocket cost for the un-affordable care were pretty high, paying for insurance does NOT mean you can actually use it. call it trump care, makes no difference to me :D

17. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

Totally nailed it.

Well called.

18. trifid macrumors 65816

trifid

I was one of the recipient's of Aetna's letter saying they were ending coverage. A month or so later, coincidentally after Trump won the election, they sent another letter saying they had made a mistake and to disregard the previous letter. Very very fishy.

I'd love to ditch them and switch to another provider, but the options are limited. Speaking of which can anyone recommend Molina insurance in Florida?

19. GalaDaliGirl, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017

GalaDaliGirl macrumors regular

This guy was on some business news show and was talking about how great he and Aetna is to consumers.

Edit - he was on 20/20 acting sad and interested about how little his workers make.

Sure.