After 1 day my aluminium macbook pro is getting marked by my resting on it

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by equalsabracket, Feb 6, 2009.

1. equalsabracket macrumors regular

Well when i type i rest my palms on the bit below the keyboard on the macbook pro. After just having it a day (it arrived yesterday) i noticed that where i had been resting had gone a lighter shade. I only looked last night and not today yet and i was just wondering whether or not that'll go away. I think having your palms there is quite a natural thing and can't see why a user would be expected not to do that. I done it all the time on my old laptop to no visible change (after a year and 4 months). Anybody else had this? Yeah, i guess i just need more information on this if it's happened to anybody and would like to know if there's a solution or if it'll go away.

2. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

It's probably dirt and crap from your hand. Have you tried cleaning it?

3. lordthistle macrumors 6502

Either you wash your hands every ten minutes or you accept the dirt. When I touch my eye-glasses with my hands they get dirty exactly for the same reason your MBP gets dirty. Apple notebooks respect the same physical properties of every other object in this world. They are not magical.

4. equalsabracket thread starter macrumors regular

My hands aren't really dirty at all but thanks for the suggestion, i'll try cleaning it when i get home. Not sure if it's dirt though.

5. svndmvn Guest

Haven't read similar posts. Just remember it's brushed aluminum/ anodized, so don't clean with the wrong solution or too much or it will look shinier than the rest of the case.

6. schizoidwoman macrumors regular

On top of a steep hill in West Yorkshire.
    There's no polite way of wording this (but I will try)... could your palms be getting warm as they rest and transferring sweat (rather than dirt that you would be able to see) onto the MBP?

7. mbpnewbie macrumors regular

Happens to me all the time. take a slightly damp cloth and rub the spots, they will come off

8. equalsabracket thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, it worked. :) Might've been grease from last night's tea (burger and chips). Never considered that. Thought it was the paint coming off or that part of the macbook casing slightly sinking under pressure or something. Glad it wasn't something permanent.

9. skwirl341 macrumors member

lol... "my hands aren't dirty, except for all the burger and chip grease"