after 3 days with it.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mistax, Sep 24, 2012.

1. mistax macrumors member

beside app integration and a better camera, it still feels like my iphone 2g. I went from a 2g > evo 4g > iphone 5. and i'm already missing navigation and a few other things. Jailbreaking with the appstore will probably take away some of the problems, but there isn't much to play around with on the phone. I think i was expecting to much from this phone. Didn't wow me like it did when i went from a treo 650 to a 2g iphone.

2. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Its because iOS is stale. Fully functional, very capable, great hardware. But the OS has become boring.

3. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

It feels like your 2G? Are you using it right?

4. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

5. mainomega macrumors 6502

Hmm, i went from 4s to 5 and I can honestly say it is a great improvement.

6. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

lol right.

7. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

8. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

The jump from the iPhone 2G to the iPhone 5 is huge. I don't understand how you can say that the iPhone 5 feels just like the 2G.

9. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I'm pretty use he means the OS not hardware.

10. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Theres barely any changes regarding the OS, i think the most radical IMO is the phone keypad :p

11. mistax thread starter macrumors member

hardware yah it's faster and has a better camera, all the other features could just be rolled into one big ball. I do give it that i like how software is implemented into the user design for apple alot more than android. But on the tech side of things a majority of the stuff in the iphone 5 i've seen in the evo 4g minus it's terrible camera and a few other things. I guess it's because i was expecting more tech to go with an already great platform to build on.

12. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

People are expecting holograms. No wonder these threads appear.

13. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

But you already knew the features BEFORE purchasing the phone. So why would you be "expecting more tech" than the features you already knew about and then try to convince yourself that you are somehow disappointed it didn't have more features than it comes with and you knew when buying it? :confused:

14. mistax thread starter macrumors member

Well i do expect a huge upgrade between the 2g and the 5, and i was using the evo 4g inbetween so i was expecting a marginal to large upgrade over in software + hardware from the 2 prior phones i was using. Plus with how muhc praise this forum gives from each generation to the next i had high expectation.

15. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

I think you are right, when the new iphone times come you see people that buy and get bummed :) and its because they see a lot of people go gaga over apple and they expect it will be something magical etc, guy around here was very anal because he got a ipad and after that he was all wtf why all the fuzz about it lol

16. mistax thread starter macrumors member

One could always hope right =P. I remember when i went from the treo 650 to the 2g it "revolutionary" is how i would describe it.

17. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

As an iOS and Android user, basically everything the iPhone 5 does.. my Galaxy S3 does. I do love Apple's hardware though.

18. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

"God dammit Toyota! I purchased this car hoping there would be something revolutionary, like a hovercraft or some other sort of surprise you didn't advertise to anyone. Now I am so disappointed in this product!"

:p

19. mistax thread starter macrumors member

Since you own both, whats your take on the tech side of things. for the s3 and apple. I was able to play with the s3 weeks before to see if i wanted to wait or not for the iphone. I thought the s3 was pretty good and nfc was interesting along with a few other things the phone was packing. While i knew the iphone 5 camera would be a huge upgrade, with facetime being somewhat of an addition, but the os is a bit more restrictive on how much you can mod the system.

20. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Yes, stock iOS is very boring.

Which is why I'm not tempted to switch to 5 until a jailbreak comes out.

21. matttye macrumors 601

I went from iPhone 1st gen > Nokia 5800 > HTC Desire > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy S3 > iPhone 5.

iOS has evolved but its still pretty much the same as the iPhone 1st gen, I just find the cloud features so convenient and we have access to iTunes right on the device!

22. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

Jailbreak is already out. Blah.

23. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

Not untethered for the 5 it's not... which is all that matters ;)

24. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Well, let me say both phones are fantastic. As far as hardware goes, others may disagree but I feel they both have great build quality.

The screens are both nice, the Galaxy S3's is more colorful and it is bigger, but the iPhone's is ever so slightly sharper. The iPhone 5's camera is a little better (the Galaxy S3's is still very very capable). But the Galaxy S3 has the edge on camera modes, and yes it also has Panorama.

Both phones get great battery life, and are packed with features. Galaxy S3 does have NFC, removable battery, and MicroSD expansion however.

I'd say it really comes down to 2 things. What size screen are you looking for? and which OS do you prefer. In all honestly, I prefer Android over iOS as long as it is Android 4.0 or higher (Ice Cream Sandwich/Jelly Bean).

You can't go wrong with either phone.

Also the OS isn't a bit more restricted.. it is ALOT more restrictive. Jailbreaking an iPhone gives you the capabilities of an out of the box Android. You can root an Android device for even more customization.