After 30 hours I have 25% of battery in the iphone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lke, Sep 25, 2014.

1. lke macrumors 6502a

After 30 hours of usage my iphone 6 still has 25% of battery

Here are the stats:

Usage: 4 hours 47 minutes
    Standby: 1 day, 6 hours

Safari has used 42% of the battery

This is the best iphone ever. And the battery lasts all day long

Also the battery stats are very interesting there you will find what app is using the battery

2. tropo, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014

tropo macrumors newbie

My iPhone 6 battery is flat in exactly 8 hours and 10 minutes on standby with everything disabled (no wifi, no cellular data [no internet connection], no app refresh, no bluetooth, no iCloud, no location servic). That's without using it at all - just checking the battery percentage every few hours on minimum screen brightness - and after doing a full restore to new phone status. There's many other problems too - worst phone I've ever had and I really miss my iPhone 5.

3. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

I miss my iphone 5 a little bit too. The iphone 6 really needs a larger battery.

4. fugly1000 macrumors newbie

Hey. I agree. I went back to the iPhone 5s. The phone 6 and iPhone 5s the same. Battery life sucks on iPhones. Maybe it will change.

5. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Totally. Love the 6. The 6+ has even better life. I easily get a day of charge out of my 6 - moderate to heavy usage.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im really liking my 6 plus battery life also.
    I can get away charging it every other day.

7. CEmajr macrumors 601

Screenshot your battery usage for us. That sounds pretty ridiculous. 8 hours and 10 just on standby and it's dead? You should take it in for an exchange if true.

I get near 8 hours and 30 minutes of USAGE on my iPhone 6. Totally blows the 5/5S and most Androids out of the water in battery life.

8. determined09, Nov 9, 2014

determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

I think something may be wrong with my battery. I only got like 4 hours from my iPhone 6. I should have just keep my 5. I'm going to Apple Store asap

9. p3ntyne macrumors 6502

p3ntyne

Is that supposed to be impressive?

10. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Something is wrong with your phone. Take it in to an Apple store or call AppleCare. Complaining on the forums here isn't going to fix it.

11. tropo macrumors newbie

It is true and obviously there is something wrong. As I said, nothing is working in the background, not even the internet... and this was just after restoring it to new phone status. It would be great to just take it in for repair, but it was bought in the US and I live in Thailand, so I have to ship it back as it doesn't have an international warranty.

What worries me is that there are even worse problems with it than the battery drain (as if that wasn't bad enough already), so I'm worried I will ship it back, get it repaired or replaced and end up with other problems and need to ship it back again (and again).

I would have agreed with others about how good the battery life is when I first started using it, but then the problems started piling up 2 weeks after I first started using it. You guys could be in the same boat sooner or later. Perhaps the phone is a lemon. It's too early to start singing praises.

12. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Nope not impressive to him at all. He is actually complaining, is miserable and is ready to throw his iPhone down the drain. But he might be deciding to drive his tank over it. And if he could swap it for a rotary dial phone, he would but those stupid Apple store folks won't let him swap.

13. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

What's the signal strength near where you live? The OP may live close to a tower, but if not - you are bound to see battery life drop off, unless you turn to Airplane Mode.

14. tropo macrumors newbie

Really? I thought I could fix it by complaining here :)

Read above for more detailed info on my predicament. Yes, it will be going back. I didn't come here to get it fixed. Apple care already asked me to return it.

----------

The battery life I got was with the Internet and wifi turned off.

15. mib1800 macrumors 68030

You do know the "usage time" in ios is a totally useless value to compare battery life?

Why useless? simple. It accumulates usage time when the screen is on and off. But when screen is on the battery drain is like 10-20 times more than when screen is off. Giving the same weightage to time when screen is on and off makes the value useless.

You can easily fudge the usage time value (many do here) to give you a 20+hrs usage time by just having apps running in the background without turning on the screen.

16. jayf macrumors member

I unplugged my I6 this morning at 4:30am when I went to work. At 6:30pm when I got back, I still had 100% battery. I've been surfing ever since, and now at 7:53pm I'm showing 86% battery left. Definitely better then my 5. I'd like to see even better, but I'm happy with the gains over the 5.
    I have most background operations set to off though.

17. phositadc macrumors 6502

There's obviously something wrong with yours. That is absolutely not normal.

18. TigerMSTR macrumors regular

You're iPhone is likely defective. Get it replaced.

19. Ramio, Nov 9, 2014

Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Op, with a 6, your numbers should be a lot worse than that. It's defective. Take it back :)

20. p3ntyne macrumors 6502

p3ntyne

He has a tank?!

21. pdxmatts macrumors 68000

pdxmatts

Attached Files:

22. tropo macrumors newbie

It certainly looks that way, doesn't it? If it was only the battery playing up I could still use it and just carry a power bank around with me....

I hadn't mentioned that I can't type on it while holding it in my hands because an "undo typing" box keeps popping up.... or that my apps immediately revert to landscape mode and get stuck there when the phone is held vertical and I have to disable screen rotation, or that photos I've just taken can be stuck upside down.

I got 5 hours out of it today because I took a few photos.

Right now it's only useful as a paperweight.:mad:

Once I've shipped it back to the USA Apple will decide whether to replace it or not, won't they? I bought it on September 19. It will require more than a replacement to build my confidence in this phone.

For those of you complaining about my complaining.... mine worked rather well for 2 weeks. Good luck all!

23. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Its my story and I'm sticking to it sir!
    :D

24. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

I've stopped taking my charger to work with me!