Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agurri

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2005
Québec, Canada
Oh yea,

I was away when it came. I found both my laptop and my 2GB of memory on my bed. Damn, I'm so excited. I'm dreaming of a mac since the iMac G4 Flat Screen was announced. I'm coming from a windows pc, which I used for 8 years. I'm excited to learn new things every days from now :). Also, with 2GB of ram, this macbook really flies away... it's damn faster than my aging athlon 950 mhz and 896 mbs or ram :). Also, it is really silent, no moo , no whine ... at least, for now :S. Ahhhhh I'm happy :).... another smile :)

Proud to be a new macbook owner :D

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
xfiftyfour said:
uhm.. ?

has there been an rise in the number of pointless threads lately or is it just me?

It's most certainly not just you!

Such a shame too.

Rich.

L

Lau

xfiftyfour said:
uhm.. ?

has there been an rise in the number of pointless threads lately or is it just me?

How about you give the poster more than two minutes to edit the post before making a remark about it, hmm?

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
Lau said:
How about you give the poster more than two minutes to edit the post before making a remark about it, hmm?
how about the poster doesn't click "post thread" until he's done at least writing a full sentence...?

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
xfiftyfour said:
how about the poster doesn't click "post thread" until he's done at least writing a full sentence...?

I have to admit, Lau has a valid point.

...But then again, it's not exactly an easy mistake to make...!

Rich.

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
Agurri said:
Oh yea,

I was away when it came. I found both my laptop and my 2GB of memory on my bed. Damn, I'm so excited. I'm dreaming of a mac since the iMac G4 Flat Screen was announced. I'm coming from a windows pc, which I used for 8 years. I'm excited to learn new things every days from now :). Also, with 2GB of ram, this macbook really flies away... it's damn faster than my aging athlon 950 mhz and 896 mbs or ram :). Also, it is really silent, no moo , no whine ... at least, for now :S. Ahhhhh I'm happy :).... another smile :)

Proud to be a new macbook owner :D

Ahh it all makes sense.

Congratulations and have fun with your Mac!

If you could let us know how it goes in reference to the moo, whine issue, and also let us know the build number? It will give people an idea of what the latest MacBooks are like.

Rich.

L

Lau

xfiftyfour said:

How about you're a bit more understanding of the fact that people who might not be as computer literate or careful as you so obviously are, and that immediately ripping into them isn't really fair. Sometimes (shock, horror) people make mistakes.

I'm all for taking the piss out of an established stupid thread, but this was so obviously a typo. It's just egotistical bashing to rip into them so quickly, when it was obviously a mistake. It's an easy thing to do, if you hit tab instead of shift or something.

Agurri, really glad you're liking your new Mac. Enjoy yourself. :) I'm lusting after a MacBook slightly myself. :D Did you get black or white?

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
Lau said:
How about you're a bit more understanding of the fact that people who might not be as computer literate or careful as you so obviously are, and that immediately ripping into them isn't really fair. Sometimes (shock, horror) people make mistakes.

I'm all for taking the piss out of an established stupid thread, but this was so obviously a typo. It's just egotistical bashing to rip into them so quickly, when it was obviously a mistake. It's an easy thing to do, if you hit tab instead of shift or something.
I've yet to insult someone personally in this thread, so how about you take a deep breath and not try to rip me a new one. thanks.

I've noticed a rise in the number of stupid threads, so yeah, I was quick to assume this was another. Whatever, my bad.

to the OP: congrats on the buy. You'll love it.

Agurri

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2005
Québec, Canada
Acutally... I just tabbed one time too much and I pressed enter .... thats why the message was kinda ... short :p.

If you could let us know how it goes in reference to the moo, whine issue, and also let us know the build number? It will give people an idea of what the latest MacBooks are like.

Rich.

I'll be glad to give you this information if you tell me where to look :).

As for Lau, I did get the white version ... black was too ... expensive :)

L

Lau

Agurri said:

I reckon the white one's nicer anyway. :D Congratulations again.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Agurri said:
Oh yea,

I was away when it came. I found both my laptop and my 2GB of memory on my bed...
Wow! You sure have a nice delivery service. Mine just leave it on my doorstep. :D ;)

Anyway, Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the wonderful world of Macs!

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Why is it a stupid thread? The guy is happy. Congrats on your mac :) I'm sure you will love it

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
Agurri said:
Acutally... I just tabbed one time too much and I pressed enter .... thats why the message was kinda ... short :p.

I'll be glad to give you this information if you tell me where to look :).

I am pretty sure it's...

- Apple logo top left

- About this Mac

- Then, where it says the Version of OS you are using, click the text once.

It should change to the Build number.

If you are sure you don't have the issues, then somebody can take the info from your build and see when it was made.

I think.

Rich.

PS. Black is hot, but white is definately hotter.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
xfiftyfour said:
uhm.. ?

For goodness sakes, he is excited. This is not some sort of sacred space, and his subject is not at all misleading regarding the context.

If anything, there have been too many critics of late, a la Apple Insider.

As me wise old mum used to say, if you can't find anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

To the original poster, congrats. Yes, I switched in January, and getting to know these wonderful machines and the lovely environment that OS X creates is really just pure joy. Hence the nature of your post I suspect. Congrats again, and enjoy.

Agurri

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2005
Québec, Canada
fatsoforgotso said:
I am pretty sure it's...

- Apple logo top left

- About this Mac

- Then, where it says the Version of OS you are using, click the text once.

It should change to the Build number.

If you are sure you don't have the issues, then somebody can take the info from your build and see when it was made.

I think.

Rich.

PS. Black is hot, but white is definately hotter.

Thank you, the number is 8L2025

And, yes, I'm darn Happy. Even if I'll install windows, I hope i'll use Mac OS X more. ( I need windows for school .... and maybe somes games :p).

chosenwolf

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2006
Los Angeles
viccles said:
Why is it a stupid thread? The guy is happy. Congrats on your mac :) I'm sure you will love it

Seriously, the guy just got a macbook. There's no reason to be spiteful. Some of you mac owners need to get of the high horse you think you are on.

Congrats on your new mac!

Music_Producer

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2004
xfiftyfour said:
uhm.. ?

Just pointless comments from users like you.. and its not 'an' rise. All those grammar lessons in school.. pointless :D

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
wickedG35 said:
Seriously, the guy just got a macbook. There's no reason to be spiteful. Some of you mac owners need to get of the high horse you think you are on.

Congrats on your new mac!

Yeah nothing better than a thread about a guy who just got his mac and is very happy about it, not every thread has to be a in-depth debate or a useless news.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
um.. yeah. to all those posting about my first comment, you're a little too late to understand it. at first all he posted was "hell." then he edited it. so calm down. it no longer applies.

wow... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.