After 5hrs of trying I used the Apple Store app and made a reservation in under a min

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lilchub101, Jun 15, 2010.

1. lilchub101 macrumors member

So after attempting to get an iphone 4 Pre-ordered for about 5hrs I tried to go to the AT&T store to try and reserve one and the guy had no idea what he was talking about. So I pulled out my iphone and made a reservation using the apple store app and it worked! I have a conformation email from apple confirming the pick up! It shows the unsubsidized price but I have called a several apple stores and they told me as long as its reserved they can put it on what ever line or sell it for what ever price the line is eligible for so hope this helps!
    [​IMG]

2. TheScappian macrumors regular

Mine went through as well with no problem while I was on the toilet. I got a confirmation e-mail about 2 minutes later, but it shows the price as $699. I am pretty sure that is because they are bypassing AT&T's eligibility servers.

3. pirateRACE macrumors 6502

I'm thinking the same. Well... not the toilet part.

The App just started working outta the blue after failing like the website. Avoiding the checkdown at at&t probably helped.

4. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    If you look at the bottom of the email it states "Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis." Does this mean you're not guaranteed a phone even though one is reserved?