After 8 months with the iPhone 4s......

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bag of kittens, Jun 16, 2012.

1. bag of kittens macrumors regular

bag of kittens

I realize the device is more beautiful to me now than when I first got it. I made the jump from 3gs to 4s, so I never had the 4. Jony Ive absolutely crushed it with this design.

It is such an aesthetically pleasing piece of technology. Sometimes you have to just sit back and appreciate what this company does.

:D

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I'm glad you like it. I quite like mine as well.

3. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I made the jump from android to the iPhone 4S 4 months ago.

This is after 6 android phones over the course of 3 years prior.

And I'm just in awe at how elegant the exterior design is, and the perfect seamlessness of iOS. It grows on me daily.

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

My mom uses my old 3GS, so I can quite often see the difference. The pictures she takes with the 3GS are crap compared to the 4S. I mean pure crap. They are decent if it's bright and the subject is close. But this 4S camera is just awesome. Video is the same way, although 1080p video sure does eat up your storage quickly. That's trouble on a 16GB iPhone.

5. monkeylui macrumors 6502

I like the 4s. But I'm ready for a bigger phone. I'm moving to the Galaxy S3.

6. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

If you think the 4s is sweet wait till the iPhone 5 camera is available to you :)

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Two years with my iPhone 4 and I still think its the best looking phone on the market. I don't mind the leaked design of the new iPhone. It's not a major redesign but a tweak of the current phone which is fine by me.

8. imotionb18 macrumors member

Same here. I've had my 4 for two years. I want to try something different.

9. imeth macrumors regular

Good riddance!!

10. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Because u know that the iPhone 5 will have a much better camera then the 4S.

How can u comment on something that u have absolutely no clue about?

11. Sunsean macrumors 6502

I'm not saying he has any info about it, but I think it's fairly safe to say that Apple isn't going to take a step BACKWARDS with the camera...every phone has had a progressively better camera...the huge jump in camera quality was one of the main features of the 4 > 4s, and I am GUESSING that the iPhone 5 will continue in that direction...

12. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

The fact that you felt compelled to come here and share this makes me feel sad for you. You definitely need to get out more.

13. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

You're here to read it lol

14. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

Normally I am down with ur posts Seddy, but not this time. I have to say it's a nice thing for the OP to put down something positive in a post and share his enthusiasm with the community. I guess if he's sad that a great majority of people here who genuinely love tech (Android AND Apple) fit into that boat.

BAZINGA!

15. luked14 macrumors 6502

What does this comment add to the discussion? Use some discretion before you post.

16. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

What's even sadder is you not only took the time to read his post, but also reply to it.

Rock on OP, the iPhone 4/S is a beautiful piece of tech! :D

17. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I got my iPhone 4 a couple months before the 4S after owning an android phone, and I don't want to be left out. It really is a beautiful device. It's great to hear some positive posts among some of the idiotic "Siri is not what Steve Jobs would want" posts!

18. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I think a lot of you folks are going to be in for a big disappointment this fall. I believe the next iPhone will be very similar to the 4S except for a hardware update.

19. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

Agreed

20. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I am still so amazed at how gorgeous the display is. Everyone that I show it to at my job says they wish their phones screen was that good. My boss has an 4S and everyone else has Androids.

21. Black Dawg Down macrumors member

8 months?

After two weeks I returned the 4S and went Android.

I just cannot take it anymore. Looking at the same UI for 3 years, from 3G to 4 to 4S. Enough is enough.

I kept hoping Apple will change the looks. But the announcement of iOS 6 confirmed I made the right choice.

----------

I agree it is still the best.

But it is tiny!! What good is it if you have to squint when you're reading an email?

22. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

What i like is that the iPhone 3gs,4 or 4s is instantly recognised when someone is using it in your line of sight ! Ok not so much between the 4 and 4s but its a 50/50 guess....lol

When i see someone out and about using a Nokia/Blackberry etc I'm left wondering what actual model it is :rolleyes:

----------

Ive had a demo with my friends s3 and find it too big for my needs.
    Im not taking anything away from its abilities.

If the new iPhone went this big then it would be a deal breaker for me.

Hope you enjoy your new choice.

23. 00oo00 macrumors newbie

This is one of the things I love about Apple and the iPhone. The interface works very efficiently for my needs. As such, I am not concerned if they change the UI. I am open to change but I hope they only do so if it improves the functionality - I am glad that they don't change just to change.

----------

I agree. I'm ok with a larger screen size but I do not want the iPhone to be physically larger than its current size.

24. Soulweaponry macrumors 6502

Funny how nobody complained about squinting back in 2007 when it was released huh? Or 2008 or 2009. Nobody got eye problems until phones like the evo and droid x dropped and started this craze.

I can see why you'd be bored, but i hold out the possibility that the iOS 6 we've seen is for iPhone 4s and older while the newer 2012 iPhone may very well have an entirely new UI that for whatever reason, "Could not be put on older phones". Seriously. Think about it for a sec and the possibility makes complete sense. Not saying it will happen for sure, but really...seeing what Apple has done lately with apps/features, i wouldn't be surprised if the UI overhaul we all wanted was ONLY on the new iPhone and was the main selling point of it, besides 4g and a bigger screen