Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Title says all. I recently began to use Lion's iChat for my Google Chat client, and since then people who have me on their gchat lists say that I'm always online, even though I quit iChat. I always keep a browser window with Gmail open as well, but on that, google chat is disconnected. Would anyone have any insight?

thenamesbryce

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2010
Theres a setting in iChat under the General Tab second one down under Settings: When I quit Messages, set my status to Offline. I'd make sure that is checked. That would be my guess, unless when you sign into iChat it activates the google chat in your browser window.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Theres a setting in iChat under the General Tab second one down under Settings: When I quit Messages, set my status to Offline. I'd make sure that is checked. That would be my guess, unless when you sign into iChat it activates the google chat in your browser window.

I just checked, and there already was a check mark there.

I just revoked the application-specific password connected to iChat and I'm going to try again.

EDIT: Nope, that didn't seem to do the trick either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.