After disabling iCloud Photo Library no free up of iCloud Data

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by gregsapphire, Aug 9, 2014.

1. gregsapphire macrumors member

I had used iCloud Photo Library, which took up about 29 gigs of my 55 gigs of iCloud data. But I decided to that it was really hurting my battery life so I decided to disable it though after disabling it, it did not free up the 29 gigs. Anyone else have this issue? And when I go to manage my iCloud data it doesn't show my iCloud Photo Library anymore but it says the data is still used.

2. BrettDS macrumors 65816

If you go to settings, general, usage, manage storage for icloud, then it should show iCloud Photo Library at the top (maybe you need to enable it again to see this). But if you click on that you have the option to disable and delete. I've never tried and according to the text on that screen it won't actually be deleted for 30 days after you click the disable and delete button.

3. gregsapphire thread starter macrumors member

Yeah it finally ended up deleting from my iCloud account, it just took some time and tinkering with.

4. Andycted macrumors newbie

Out of interest: what happened to the photos you took with the phone ? Did they get re-downloaded in full quality on the phone itself ?
    Thanks

5. fuoco macrumors newbie

Also interested to know what happens when one disables IPL - do the photos stay on the iPhone?