After ET success, time to dig up Lisas in Logan, Utah?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by napabar, Apr 26, 2014.

1. napabar macrumors 6502

napabar

2. tdiaz macrumors 6502

This one worked out quite well for a number of reasons, the most being that the City of Alamogordo was quite lax in allowing that to go on in the first place.

Landfill breaching on a large scale is usually an area where no one wants to go.

I'm also not convinced that Logan, UT is on the order of the same magnitude, with how many Lisa's that Sun Remarketing sold over the years, and how much stuff has been available via other venues. I just don't see Apple over-producing that much back then.

Sure, they may have tipped a couple truck loads of stuff.. even looking at those photos from back in the day, you can see basically one Lisa bezel here, one there.. among the sea of garbage.

3. napabar thread starter macrumors 6502

napabar

Doesn't have to be on the same magnitude to be a cool excavation.

Me thinks you're missing the point.

4. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

Maybe Apple can be encouraged as part of their environmental program to recover what they sent to landfill in years gone by?

Still, since it seems the Atari hunt was commissioned by Microsoft, I hardly see the same group commissioning a hunt for Apple stuff. A defunct game manufacturer, yes. Apple stuff, no! ;)

5. napabar thread starter macrumors 6502

napabar

Microsoft didn't commission this project, a documentary company called Fuel Entertainment did. Microsoft got involved later (most likely with additional funding) and became the distributor through X-Box live. Yuck!

6. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

I stand corrected. :eek: