After extensive use, I can honestly say I LOVE Aperture 3!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chrono1081, Mar 3, 2010.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

So, being a heavy Lightroom user on windows and mac since it came out I really never expected to switch to Aperture. I tried Aperture 2 and even though I liked it, I didn't think it was as powerful as Lightroom especially since it lacked the brushes.

Well, I tried Aperture 3 and have been using it heavily since it came out (I was using the trial version) and in the 20 (or close to it) days of heavy use I made the switch. Its just much faster than the current Lightroom and the Lightroom 3 Beta.

I do think Aperture has a little more of a learning curve, its really helpful to be proficient at the keyboard shortcuts but everything else is just great.

If anyone is thinking about switching give it a try. Make sure to download the new trial that has the memory leak fixed.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've been a long time Aperture user who switched over to LR this past summer.

With the introduction of AP3, I can say that I've come back to the fold :)

It provides everything I need in terms of non destructive localized editing, and has the great DAM capabilities. Plus I had not realized how much I was going to miss the integration of aperture into Apple's other products. It caused an increase in my work effort now everything is seamless.