After iPad mini event, I feel like there should be a 5"+ iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brien, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

There's now a ~10" iPad, a ~8" iPad, and a 4" iPhone. I would love to see Apple slot in a 5"-6" iPhone Pro that could compete with the Galaxy Note II, LG Optimus, and all these other huge Android phones coming out.

I love my iPhone 5, but there are still times I wish it had just a bit more screen real estate.

Anyone else feel the same?

2. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

With the rediculous demand there is for all things Apple I just don't think the manufacturing could take another iPhone size. Perhaps in a couple generations when manufacturing has caught up to demand.

3. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

True, there is now a slot between 4 and 8 inches where they could add a 5.7" or 5.8" phablet. I guess we'll see.

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

Nope.

Also I swear this has already been discussed in another thread here in the last couple of days.

5. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I still don't see it happening. I would have liked to seen a 4.3" 4:3 phone.

6. lazard macrumors 65816

what happened to "3.5" is the perfect size" for an iphone?

7. bremersm macrumors newbie

The whole "bigger is better" thing is out of hands. It started with wheels, then watches, and now phones. I was happy with the 3.5" and I think 4" will be plenty large enough for a phone. If I need a bigger screen I will just use the Ipad. If I need something bigger still I will use the Mac Mini connected to a 21" monitor.

8. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

I would bet an entire fortune if I had it that at least half of the people who say NO to a 5 inch iPhone, would buy it if Apple made one.

9. iPadMini macrumors newbie

If Apple released a "bigger" iPhone then they would have just too many products to choose from. If you want an Apple product as a cellular phone then you MUST get an iPhone, there aren't many options.

Unless Apple made the "bigger" iPhone $299 on contract and $800 off contract I don't see how it would happen. I feel like the majority of people would definitely purchase a larger iPhone if the price was the same. If they did I would definitely be on board w / a bigger iPhone.

With the iPad Mini being priced at $329 and the New iPod Touch I don't see why anyone would purchase an iPod Touch. (There are similarities here because this is how it would be w / a bigger iPhone and regular iPhone) I think there are major pricing issues
    w / these two products, and feel like the iPod Touch will suffer greatly.

10. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

I agree with you, I think the iPod will suffer lots with the current pricing plan.