After Password change, unable to check Gmail messages in SL 10.6.4, iPad, iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iPagan, Jun 30, 2010.

1. iPagan macrumors regular

Today, I changed the password of my Gmail account on a PC computer in a public library. Afterwards, I was/am unable to log into my Gmail account to check the messages via SL 10.6.4's Mail client. I have an April 2010 13" MBP.

Similarly, I was/am unable to log into my Gmail account via the Mail client on my 16 GB, 3G iPad, or the 32 GB, 3rd Gen iPod Touch.:confused:

I keep getting the error message that either the user name or the password is wrong!

I checked and re-checked, but I did NOT see anything wrong? :confused:

The funny thing is that I could log into my Gmail account via Safari on ALL three devices, but NOT via the Mail client on the three devices!

I am a new Mac user. Could someone please help!

Thanks!

2. calb macrumors 6502

I have a similar problem. I could not get one of my Gmail accounts to set up properly in the Mail applications. I don't remember changing the password, but it did start having problems when the @googlemail.com was changed to @gmail.com.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You have to go to Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars, tap on the Gmail account, and then update the password for both incoming and outgoing. This will need to be done manually on each device.