After Removal of Bootcamp Windows Still Shows up as a Boot Drive

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ill0gical0ne, Feb 25, 2008.

1. ill0gical0ne macrumors 6502

So yeah... here's my problem. I uninstalled boot camp, by restoring the drive using the BootCamp Assistant. Well... when I turn my computer on, and hold down option, it still gives 2 drives named "Windows" as a choice to boot to, even though they "don't exist." This really scared me when it tried to boot to one of those automatically after a restart, and it said that it could not load the operating system. Anyone have any suggestions as how to fix this.

2. MittenSox macrumors newbie

try going

Finder>> Applications >> Utilities >> Disk Utitlity

after opening the window you may still have a partition even if it is no space if there is select it and use the erase tab

hope this helps

3. ill0gical0ne thread starter macrumors 6502

I've already tried that... and it didn't work.

I did notice just recently on boot up that the two "windows" drives that are showing up correspond to my extra internal drive and my firewire drive...

Anyone know what would cause the system to think that they are boot drives even though they 1) aren't boot drives and 2) are Mac OS Extended (Journaled) partitioned?

Or, does anyone know how to change a drive's "bootable" status to "no?"

4. mbrydone macrumors regular

I have a similar issue, everytime i restart I get a floder with a question mark superimposed...this slows my startup so id really love it to go away!

5. sgtbob macrumors regular

sgtbob

Bootcamp Removal

Can someone point me to how to uninstall Bootcamp? I don't use it since I have Fusion installed and would like to uninstall Bootcamp

Bob :confused:

6. johnnyICON macrumors newbie

I'm just guessing here, but the EFI probably has those types of devices set as bootable. It's just a guess though.