After Returning, How long til you can get upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macman4291, Oct 2, 2013.

1. macman4291 macrumors regular

Whats the turn around time from returning an iphone from an upgradeable line, to the computers/system recognizing you can upgrade ? Has anyone done this . Thanks

2. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

I'd say wait up to about 24 hours for the carriers to put your upgrade eligibility back. You could always just check at any time as well.

3. D3TSURA macrumors member

I think it might depend on where you returned it and who your service provider is. I returned my iPhone at the Apple Store and I called Verizon before I left to have them switch upgrade date. I checked my account as soon as I hung up and it was already showing that I was eligible for an upgrade.

I think it might be best to call them while your still at the store so that your service provider can verify that you did return it if need be.

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

In other threads I've heard they got it back in 10 minutes or instantly.

5. lazer310 macrumors member

Used my upgrade to try out a Galaxy S4 while waiting for 5s stock to catch up. Returned the S4 yesterday, my upgrade was back on my account within 15 minutes. This is with AT&T, and did it all within their store. YMMV.

6. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

It depends if you mailed it back or returned to Store. I sent mine back via USPS with pre-paid return sticker. Took 5 days to get from Florida to Georgia ( About 200 miles distance) and another day to get to PA. Still in transit. Was told as soon as Apple gets it back, they will check it out and I would probably get the Eligibility back then.

Attached Files: