Other After seeing pics, I regret getting Midnight Green. The more I see it in photos and videos, the more I ha*e it.

Goldfrapp

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
During preorder, I had hard time deciding whether I should get my all-time favorite White or the new color option. My decision to get the Green was mostly swayed by the power of the hype machine, and the obvious fact that it’s a new color. But after seeing the pics, I regret not trusting my gut. In pics, Green looks so dull and unrecognizable. It almost appears as dirty faded black. Zero personality. On White, the three cameras would’ve stood out much more prominently. I’m at a loss and honestly, ready to cry... 😭

Last edited:

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
What is the big deal. The demand for the iPhone 11nis just not as high. I am sure there will be plenty of stock for walk ins on day 1. You can just change your order.

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
During preorder, I had hard time deciding whether I should get my all-time favorite White or the new color option. My decision to get the Green was mostly swayed by the power of the hype machine, and the obvious fact that it’s a new color. But after seeing the pics, I regret not trusting my gut. In pics, Green looks so dull and unrecognizable. It almost appears as dirty faded black. Zero personality. On White, the three cameras would’ve stood out much more prominently, which would indicate to people more easily that I have the latest and more expensive iPhone, which would help me boost my self-esteem as a result. I’m at a loss and honestly, ready to cry... :(
Clearly a troll. If not a troll, very sad. Hit the gym my friend!

Goldfrapp

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
I honestly have never, in my time in the forums, hoped more that a thread was meant to be satirical and not taken seriously. If you need recognition of a phone to boost your self esteem, I ask that you speak with a professional as that is no way to live life.
People show off their jewelry, gadgets, cars in order to make them feel important all the time. There’s nothing wrong with it, and certainly doesn’t warrant professional’s advice.

archer75

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon
People show off their jewelry, gadgets, cars in order to make them feel important all the time. There’s nothing wrong with it, and certainly doesn’t warrant professional’s advice.
They show off stuff in order to make them feel important all the time? Yes, there is something wrong with that. Things don't matter. And if you need things to feel important then you do have issues.

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’m not focused on appearing to have the latest and greatest, but I under stand the point about the colors. I chose the midnight green, based on the looks of it during the hands on period after the keynote. In the unboxing videos, it does look muted. My original thought was to get the silver version, but changed my mind when they announced the green. I can say after seeing more hands on photos and videos, the silver version is looking pretty good!

Goldfrapp

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
Please could you stop criticizing and judging a person simply because they are not like you?

My debate right now is whether I should order Silver and just accept the fact that I’ll have to wait longer. Or should I just live with dull Green?

ARizz44

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
You could always get the dull green on launch day and color the back with a black sharpie. This way you can not only have a phone that stands out as the newest greatest iPhone (as given away by the camera square), but people will be clamoring to know how you got an exclusive Midnight Black color!!

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
My debate right now is whether I should-order Silver and just accept the fact that I’ll have to wait longer. Or should I just live with dull Green?
Well, if you’re calling it ‘dull green’, then you clearly aren’t favoring that specific color. So why don’t you just opt for silver, call it the day and take your chances to wait a little bit longer. If you don’t like it, then you 14 days to go back to Return ‘dull green’, (which isn’t Apples technical marketing term for that color iPhone, so you set yourself up for criticism.):D

waquzy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2013
Leicestershire, UK
Please could you stop criticizing and judging a person simply because they are not like you?

My debate right now is whether I should order Silver and just accept the fact that I’ll have to wait longer. Or should I just live with dull Green?
The dull Green might grow on you and end up being the cool Green?!

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
I would return the green, get the gold, but add actual 24 karat gold to the entire phone.

I mean, unless you have a 24 karat gold iPhone, you're kind of a loser in my mind.

https://www.google.com/search?q=24+karat+gold+iphone&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS820US820&sxsrf=ACYBGNRrJUHyfbl5cUFgijiLjq8HJWDtIw:1568736671804&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjEoMbAn9jkAhVGOKwKHe3YApEQ_AUIEygC&biw=1920&bih=977#imgrc=5v1cSfYCiWLE1M:
[doublepost=1568736748][/doublepost]
“We buy things we don’t need with money we don’t have to impress people we don’t like.”
Dave Ramsey

Goldfrapp

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
I’ve edited my original post and removed the distracting part. I repeat, it is not a troll post FFS!!

Reactions: profmatt