after seeing the polls about the iphone 5 screen size and design..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aliensarecool, Mar 24, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

seems most are 50/50. what do you think of the idea of having something bigger/newly designed for the people who want a bigger screen...and keeping the 4/4s design and just upgrading the insides?

i really would like to have a bigger screen, but not at the expense of having a terrible battery....if the reviews aren't great on the new iphone 5 i'll keep my 4s and deal with the smaller screen till i see the the iphone 5 drop in price/get updates to fix any issues.

2. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Of course Apple is going to keep the 4/4s design/size around. What company in their right mind would cease manufacturing a device that they sell 100 million a year of? If there comes a bigger iPhone, It'll be added to the product line, not replace the current phone.

3. cynics macrumors G3

He said a 4/4S design but with the internal parts upgraded to whatever the new iPhone has.

I doubt they will do that as they never have before. They will probably continue to sell the 4/4S just like they sell the 3GS now.

4. BrandonZ macrumors 6502

I would rather have a huge battery than a huge screen any day. I would really like a 4 inch screen but if it doesnt happen Ill still get a New iPhone. I had a brief fling with a HTC Titan but man 4.7 inches was just too large. Just getting the phone unlocked one handed was a chore. I always thought I was going to drop it.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I don't see them launching two different phones. They are likely to drop the 3GS, but would probably still sell the 4 and 4S alongside whatever new phone they come out with. But who knows. Having multiple phones with multiple form factors sure would shut up the people crying about a lack of hardware choice (to a point). Now if we could only buy apps from a third party store and have free reign over widgets I don't think I would need to care about Android anymore. (Hey, I can dream, can't I?)