Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xploit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
I have used the HTC One X for one month and now I have an S3 and I can't wait to get rid of it. The HTC had more of an adult GUI if that makes any sense. The fonts, native text app and overall layout seemed more professional. The S3 seemed to be tailored to the less intelligent mob. I am really not trying to be rude but rather convey my honest opinion. Think about taste and class and apply that to the masses and you will agree that whatever the masses choose will most often not be the very best.

When you look at all the "flagship" phones out there the one that does everything the best including look the best is hands down the iPhone 5. If I couldn't have the iPhone 5 I would definitely choose the HTC One X as the screen alone makes it a great choice. I can't wait to have one and then all I will be awaiting on is a jailbreak to unleash all that power! The iPhone 5 has what all the others lack: class.

X-

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Sigh. Just say you prefer the iPhone 5. You don't need to cast aspersions over the rest of the crowd. That's what starts up the whole fanboy nonsense.

xploit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Sigh. Just say you prefer the iPhone 5. You don't need to cast aspersions over the rest of the crowd. That's what starts up the whole fanboy nonsense.

OK you are right but to be fair I wanted to like the S3 because I too am guilty of gadget ADD. I guess after I used the S3 I was just soo shocked that it even competes with the iPhone 5. The honest to God better user experience is with the Htc One X. The S3 not only feels cheap in the hand but reminds me of something that should be in the hands of a child. Go ahead and text with one and see if I am joking. That brings me to another point. The text app should be flawless as it is increasing in use to overtake actual phone calls.

X-

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Thanks. We probably needed our 13th new thread saying how great the phone is. :p It would have been silly for you to join someone else's thread. /s ;)

Seriously, though, I love it to. Favorite phone ever.

xploit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Thanks. We probably needed our 13th new thread saying how great the phone is. :p It would have been silly for you to join someone else's thread. /s ;)

Seriously, though, I love it to. Favorite phone ever.

What can I say except I get passionate and there was some catharsis when I realized how perfect it was all along!

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
He just doesn't want his thoughts mixed in with everyone else's. Can you blame him? The guys happy let him be... I have to say I think he's right too.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007

We needed it just as much as we needed the 30th thread about how someone dropped their iPhone and scuffed the chamfers. :D

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
He just doesn't want his thoughts mixed in with everyone else's. Can you blame him? The guys happy let him be... I have to say I think he's right too.

Yes, that makes perfect sense....Except for the parts that don't.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
"Class?"

Alright how about something more mundane, like brushed metal + grossy glass combo = expensive feel.

S3 users are cool by me, they do get more features for less$ - the question is whether those features are truly useful.

I myself can't wait for the feature where the phone "knows" you are looking at it and it keep the screen lit as long. How many times you are showing somebody something and the dang thing times out on you and goes dark. But as of last, I hear that feature on the S3 doesn't work very well..... is gonna take an Apple engineer to perfect it on the 5S. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.