After the newest Watch leaks, who is buying one ?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ExcitedFutureWatchOwner, Aug 9, 2016.

1. ExcitedFutureWatchOwner macrumors newbie

The Apple Watch 2 is going to be amazing

-GPS
    -Oneglass watch
    -barometer
    -better battery
    -better processor
    -smart band support

So hyped ! This is going to be a fantastic purchase !

2. macuser82uk macrumors member

macuser82uk

I would only buy if the battery was a lot better since downloading scribble "Watch OS3 " I have been using the watch a lot more because I can reply to people straight away with no problems and makes life a lot more easier for me.

I have found with a lot of use the battery is soon going down so if the battery was a lot more better in watch 2 then I am going to be buying because it would be great when I am sending a lot of messages from the watch.

It doesn't really interest me the other features in the new watch I just want a better battery life so it would last me all day when I am scribbling on it and if I was been honest and truthful I would probably wouldn't use the features either sometimes I have had to charge the watch twice a day so it would last me all day with scribbling it would be great just to have to charge once a day instead of twice of days.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I hardly use my two Apple Watches now. No so sure I will dump another grand into something I do not use.

4. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Not me. For me Apple has perfected the product line up as far as hardware and battery life. I don't plan on upgrading any of my Apple products for at least another 3-4 years. Maybe more

5. TallManNY macrumors 601

TallManNY

Will have to see about price. Watch OS3 should be the upgrade for me. GPS I don't need because when I run I still run with my phone. It is too useful to have on me if I decide to stop somewhere before running home. Battery life is already easy full day and while that may change a bit on Watch OS 3, it would have to reach unacceptable levels before having more battery life is a problem.

6. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

Yeah, I won't be upgrading. It's a niche product, and won't need to be upgraded in the same cycle as say as iPhone. Probably closer to an iPad, which I'll replace every 4-5 years or so.

7. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Don't have one and not planning on getting one. I have macbook pro and air, iPhone and iPad but the watch is not something i would consider.

8. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Nah, they need to redesign it. I don't want another watch thats looks the same..

9. BSG75 macrumors regular

BSG75

I have two AWs, so I'll probably skip this upgrade. I am looking forward to Watch OS3.

10. chrispfeiffer21 macrumors newbie

I may get it if it promises to just be much faster that the current gen on WatchOS3. Battery life is decent, and I find it useful for fitness stuff so I suppose any more metrics it can give would be an added benefit but aren't the same priority as speed :)

11. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

First gen does everything I need it to do, the additions mentioned aka rumors wouldn't get me to purchase it right away. Pick up a used one maybe down the road when prices drop but that's best case, i'll wait a few generations or until apps in the app store stop allowing first gen devices.

12. srshaw macrumors 6502

I doubt it will be as good as a Garmin for running so no. The health App is rubbish at present.

Maybe third party apps such as Strava might make better use of the new sensors, but for me I'm waiting for the health software to catch up with the likes of Garmin. Now if Garmin where to release a Watch App that would download information onto Garmin Connect, I could be tempted.

13. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I bought an AW about 2 weeks ago, used, with the intention of selling it and buying an AW2 once it's released. Now that I've loaded watchOS 3 on it I'm not real sure. Kind of thinking I might just keep it. I mainly just use it as an activity tracker and for notifications. GPS seems to be the main selling point of AW2 but I carry my phone with me everywhere I go anyway. Making it more water-resistant is helpful but until Apple warrants against water damage (which will be never) I won't be wearing it in the shower or pool. Improved battery life is a non-issue for me, I usually finish the day at about 60%.

One thing that might appeal to me is a thinner casing but it doesn't look like that's in the cards this go round.

14. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

When did Apple announce all this? My usual visit to macsurfer.com hasn't revealed anything concrete.

15. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

What leaks? it's just people saying things, as usual LOL

16. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The OP obviously meant latest rumors found on the MR front page.

17. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

Smart band support? That's a first of me hearing this.

For me, i am keeping my 1st gen. Maybe upgrade when 3rd gen comes out.

18. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

Ok, I'll play "what if"...

-GPS - Nah. Not needed as long as I'm going to be carrying my phone, which has a MUCH bigger battery for doing GPS. Besides, what use is GPS without cellular? My five-year-old Garmin has GPS and no cellular -- it won't tell me where Starbucks is, will it?

-Oneglass watch - Ok, as long as it looks good.

-barometer - …why?

-better battery - either a bigger battery or some new tech that's magically become production-ready since the last Buzzfeed article.

-better processor - To do what?

-smart band support - No. What for? To make bands so they can't be flipped and let the owner set the crown to the left? Add more clumsiness and weight?

Keep up your enthusiasm.

19. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

GPS...my old Garmin will...as long as Starbucks is in the downloaded database! And this is why my iPhone Garmin app works great in Colorado mountains while Apple (or Google) Maps don't.

Barometer...good for those who use stairs daily or part of exercise routine. For me, this is useful esp because i only have iPhone 5s (which does not have it). But if you have more modern iPhone and carry it with you, then this is not needed.

Better processor on a smaller fabrication is always good.

Smart band is a biggie!! Additional modules and functionality for those who need it. I am just wondering when Apple will use that darn diagnostic port on 1st gen. :D

20. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

Not gonna do it for me unless either both ends of the band can connect to the diagnostic port, or it uses a butterfly clasp (like the Link bracelet) which works the same no matter which way I orient the watch (currently crown to the left).

21. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Who says the added functionality has to be in both pieces? Can be just one piece and it won't matter if it's at the top or bottom for certain functionalities like batteries and GPS receiver.

Apple can also make it so it's only compatible with AW2 and who knows if it'll have more than one port?

22. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I have had my watch since last year and will upgrade. If Apple bring a new watch out every 2 years then by the time that Gen 3 comes out, the original AW 1 will be 4 years old and I am not sure what the expected shelf life of the watch is as I do wonder about the durability of the tiny battery as it is charged up from 10% every night. I would rather sell it now and put the money towards a new watch than risk the battery dying on me in a year or so's time

23. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

ya.... i'll probably get one... then sell one of my current AWs

24. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You can have Apple replace the battery for $79.

25. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I'll buy one for sure. I love my Watch now and am anxious to get the latest and greatest. Funny, I was telling my wife yesterday for the first time I can remember I have no interest in upgrading to the latest iPhone, iPad or MacBook. What I have now for all three of these devices meet my current needs fine. But when the new Watch comes out I do plan on getting it. I told her she could have my old one if she wishes, but she really isn't into technology at all and doesn't have much interest.