after updating to 5.1.1 my music won't sync

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gnychis, May 28, 2012.

1. gnychis macrumors 6502

May 24, 2009
    I recently updated to 5.1.1 from 5.0.1, and after doing so none of my music would play on my phone. I would go to play a song, and the music app would show the song starting, but the audio would never start and the song would never advance. I tried restarting the phone, and no matter what I couldn't get music to play.

So then I decided to do a restore of my phone and let it resync the music and try again. After doing the restore, my phone will absolutely not sync any of my music. I have tried checking and unchecking "Sync only selected songs and videos." No matter what it is set to, I cannot get it to sync any music. It syncs my apps, and then just finishes the sync without copying any music over.

My music files are valid, I can play all of the music directly in iTunes.

I never had this issue before upgrading to 5.1.1. I also have iTunes match. So, my whole library still shows up but everything is over match. I am able to play music now over match, but I would still like part of my library to reside directly on the phone.
  2. gnychis thread starter macrumors 6502

May 24, 2009
    apparently this has all to do with iTunes match:

After you enable iTunes match, it won't sync any music locally to the phone. This sucks, as there is a certain amount of music I don't want to have to download to listen to. As the article says, you can get around this by disabling Match on the phone, sync'ing, and then re-enabling match. This worked for me.