After using my iPhone 4 for about a month, my 3G looks like a fake

omizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
Looking at the screen of my 3G iPhone reminds me of some Chinese knockoffs that you might find on ebay..

anyone else feel the same way?

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
I have an iPhone 4 and use two 3GS iPhones everyday. I bought and activated the two 3GS phones AFTER I bought the iPhone 4, one 8GB 3GS and one 32GB 3GS. No, the 3GS phones do not look like cheap chinese fakes.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
I'm on my Mac Pro and that thing from 1984 looks fake. Appreciate design in the context of its time. Looking at older designs through modern eyes cans result in negative bias.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
I am holding both of them. Hmmm.. I don't see signals going down on my 3G. Oh, it is going down on iphone 4.
This thread is useless and I hope admins shut it down.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I'm on my 3gs right now and have no Chinese feelings what so ever. Feels quite Apple really.
Use the Retina Display for a month, without looking at a 3G or 3GS, then go back and look at the 3G or 3GS.

Honestly, not knocking the older models or going all Apple Fanboi on you, but the screen is really poor when you go back from using a Retina Display.

I had a shot of my Father in Law's 3GS a week or so ago, which was the first time I'd used an older model since I sold my 3G two weeks before the iPhone 4 launched, and it was shocking how low resolution it looked.

If you're used to it, and know nothing else, then you obviously won't see any difference.

ajax43

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
North America
In a few years everyone will be talking about how their "old" iphone 4 looks like a Chinese knockoff of a Russian fake compared to the new super retinal
bum fuzzled shwinglamian iphone 5.5.1(s).:D

Gryzor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
I'm on my 3gs right now and have no Chinese feelings what so ever. Feels quite Apple really.
You only say that because you don't have an iPhone 4, which has a vastly superior screen to pretty much anything out there right now, and blows the 3GS out of the water.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
You only say that because you don't have an iPhone 4, which has a vastly superior screen to pretty much anything out there right now, and blows the 3GS out of the water.
Yes, the iPhone 4 display is awesome. That's a given.

However, just because the display is better, doesn't mean that the iPhone 3Gs is not a good phone. The iPhone 3Gs is still useful -- especially now with iOS4. :)

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
The 3GS is a great phone, but once you've had an iPhone 4 long enough to become accustomed to the display, it's absolutely true that going back to a 3GS feels like using a relic. It's not simply a matter of viewing the two side-by-side as an exercise, it's the psychological adjustment that occurs when you really get used to something. If you have a 40" HDTV and you upgrade to a 60", the 60" seems enormous until you've had it for a few months, then the 40" just begins to seem itty-bitty. Perspectives shift.

bluer101

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
You should try coming from the original iPhone to the iP4. Sometimes I turn on my old phone to see something (set up iP4 as new) and its like I need glasses to view it.:p

big samm

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2008
i can say there's a big difference beetween my 3gs and my ip4... 24hrs would be enough to see the difference... dont forget it's twice the resolution now that's a huge bumps trust me... but with all due respect the 3gs is still a super smartphone... with 4.0 its A1 like steve would say....

ps. the ip4 screen looks better than the ipad screen!!

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
i can say there's a big difference beetween my 3gs and my ip4... 24hrs would be enough to see the difference... dont forget it's twice the resolution now that's a huge bumps trust me... but with all due respect the 3gs is still a super smartphone... with 4.0 its A1 like steve would say....

ps. the ip4 screen looks better than the ipad screen!!
It's actually four times the resolution. :)

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008
Exactly why I'd never be able to go back to my 3GS... No matter how bad the antenna problems are.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
When I use my iPhone 4, I feel kinda bad to the guy I sold my iPhone 3G too. While in perfect condition, going from that to the 4 it's just NO comparison.

I used the 3GS in the Apple store and I can honestly tell why some people aren't as "Wow'd" by the iPhone 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.