After watching this music keynote, I admire Steve Jobs because...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by joelovesapple, Sep 11, 2009.

1. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

... as a fellow transplantee, if there is such a word, it's just brilliant to see so much strength in him. Being back at Apple would not be an easy feat after such a major operation.

Granted, I had a kidney transplant and I live in the UK so the system may be slightly different - however I think it's very inspiring for people like myself and others who have had to endure what we have.

I also thought it was awesome how he really showed gratitude about it and encouraged people to become donors, and that he even said where the liver came from.

I think it's a wake up call as to how precious life actually is. Hopefully this might make some of the whiners who were not happy about the result of this media announcement, but at least Steve is healthy now and it will put to rest the fears of his bad health.

Just my two pence. Thanks for listening. :)

2. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

It's not something that many people think about.. I think Steve's brining it to their attention - as well as being a prominent figure - will do a lot to motivate donors. It is admirable.

3. joelovesapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

Yeah it is, can't say I see that happening more often. Thanks for your reply. :)