Again...what about this deal? It shows you pictures of it being a Macbook...25 mins!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by musclemuseum, Jul 11, 2009.

1. musclemuseum macrumors newbie

musclemuseum

Yeah, like I'm going to tell you. Cydonia.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-Macbook-1...8QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:101

Sorry if I'm being stupid, but I'm a newbie...

I'm trying to buy. I want a Macbook for iLife/GarageBand. That's the main reason.

Haha thanks guys, but I really stink with computers. It'll help if you talk to me like I'm 5 years old.

Kk so I'm going for a no...? I'm just on a really tight budget, so the cheapest is the best right now...haha. Or if I wait another year or so, I could buy a Pro or a new fancy one. You guys are the experts! Haha.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

What is your point ? If you're trying to sell something you don't have the correct status to do so.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

4. musclemuseum thread starter macrumors newbie

musclemuseum

So what's the difference? Just the new generation has more software? I mainly want GarageBand.

5. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

6. celticpride678

It should include Garage Band. There are many differences in this generation MacBook and the new generation. Go to store.apple.com for more information:).

7. boston44 macrumors 6502

$600? You can buy a refurb from apple for $749 with warranty and it's essentially brand new.. Not to mention an iBook is in the picture..

8. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Yes you should get a refurbished Macbook on Apple.com for $749. It come with a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 120GB Hard Drive, and the Nvidia 9400M.
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB881LL/A

9. boston44 macrumors 6502

If you're seriously interested in buying a white mac from eBay, I can help you find a good one for a good price. Hell, I bought a top of the line Black macbook for $500. It's all about timing. Any macbook will deliver your needs.

10. musclemuseum thread starter macrumors newbie

musclemuseum

Well, I really don't care where I buy it/what color it is. I just want it to be the cheapest/best quality for the price I can find. :)

I would really like to buy an "official" one, but money doesn't call for that. Haha.

11. boston44 macrumors 6502

If you have $500-$700, you can buy a real deal white macbook. Remember, no PC will run Leopard unless you hack it. I would say get the refurb for $749, it's a new model. If you can't swing it, I can get a used one for around $600.

12. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

BUY. FROM. A REAL. RESELLER.

Honestly, this one is a "real" MacBook, but who says he actually has it? And what of monetary protection? Pictures are meaningless. Anyone can find a picture somewhere online.

Also, don't create a thousand threads. This could have gone in your original thread.

13. boston44 macrumors 6502

I have nothing against buying from craigslist or ebay, but this one has no box, papers, receipt, anything. It's also in bad shape, the refurb will be new, with a 1 year warranty and have all the accessories including iLife 09 with garageband. Buy that one.

14. aethelbert macrumors 601

In what picture? Certainly not the one on the ebay listing...

15. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

mcpryon2

The pictures on the auction are an iBook G4.

16. iceblade macrumors member

You're right. At first I was wondering what you were talking about.

The first picture is a macbook. I don't think anyone will debate that. If you do, then you don't pay attention well.. However there are three pictures. The last 2 are of an ibook, or certainly the 2nd (middle) one is.

Those who said it is a picture of a macbook is correct... until you look at more pictures, where those that said it is an ibook are correct. I know the auction is over, but I figured it might be worth setting straight...

17. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Use this message. Believe me, you don't want to end up wasting more or less $1k and receive nothing.

18. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

mcpryon2

Ah yes, I see it now. Guess I glossed over that first picture, I usually don't even look at the first pic apparently.