Agent18 owners want a clip? - I found one that works great!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Kadman, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

As seems to be fairly common, I was quickly turning into a case junkie. When I couldn't find the right pouch, I ended up with the Agent18 case. I absolutely LOVE the case (in fact I think the all black looks better than the "naked" phone). I do like carrying the phone in my pocket for the most part, but definitely wanted the flexibility to carry it on my belt in some way. I had planned to switch between the Agent18 and a Case Logic belt pouch (with velco flap), but the tight fit of the Agent18 case made me think better of routinely removing the phone from it. Today I found something better.

I stopped back into our local Apple store to return the Case Logic and buy the Power Support Crystal screen films, planning to just pocket carry the phone at all times. I grabbed the 2 film pack when something caught my eye. Just below the films was a "Power Support Crystal Jacket Set". While I hated the crystal plastic jacket (I much prefer the black of the Agent18 and don't like and of the clear cases), the clip looked about the right size and I thought, "I wonder if just maybe..." About 10 seconds later I had the clip out of the package in one hand and my Agent18 clad iPhone in the other. I slid the bottom end of the iPhone into the bottom of the case and was pleasantly surprised when the top end solidly clicked into place. It was a perfect fit!

$30 for the Agent18 case
    $30 for the Power Support crystal jacket set
    (set includes 1 free crystal screen film, I value that at $7.50 - or half of the 2 film set price)

Not bad when you compare it to something like the Revo/Revoclip set for the same price that has what (in my mind) is an inferior case and a clip that only lets you face the screen outward (scary to me!) The Seidio combo is $10 cheaper at $50, but I feel the quality of the case is not as good as the Agent18 and there are some reports of the case popping off when dropped.

Now I have a case that I'm confident is safe in my pocket or clipped to my waist when I go running (yes, it's that secure of a fit). Any negatives? Yes, I definitely expect that where the Agent18 case rubs against the holster as it locks into place will end up with noticable wear marks. I'm not worried about that at all, but it may bother others if they want their Agent18 case to always look pristine.

This is truly a perfect solution for me, and judging by compromises I've read about, it may be a perfect solution for many others as well.

2. Kadman thread starter macrumors 65816

Kadman

Just a follow-up on one thing. For those looking for a clip that can hold the iPhone either face in (for protection) or face out (for viewing while attached to the clip), this combo will not work. It only holds the phone with the face in.

3. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

The only drawback for me is that it scratches the agent18 case where it latches. I love how it looks in this case that I'd hate to look at that blemish evertime I go w/o the holster.
    On another note, did you notice the notches on the side and top? It appears they are working on a belt clip attachment or something.

4. Kadman thread starter macrumors 65816

Kadman

Yep, as suspected I can already see marks where the case meets the holster. Definitely not for those who want to keep their case pristine.

Yes, I see the clips on the side but I'm looking at them correctly, it looks as if the bottom clips would hold the phone in with the screen facing outward but not inward. :eek:

5. wangchunggti337 macrumors regular

wangchunggti337

6. Kadman thread starter macrumors 65816

Kadman

Sorry for the delay, things have been a bit crazy lately! Here are a few pics. I apologize for the focus issues. I think I was inside the minimum focal distance for a few of them but it should give you a good idea of what the components look like together, as separate parts, the area that gets scuffed on the corner of the Agent18 case from using the clip, and finally just a profile shot to see total thickness of this combination.

Attached Files:

7. laz305 macrumors regular

I too found the Speck case to work perfect with Agent 18, but what gives I mean they made groves on the case for a reason right? Where the hell is the clip at?