Agree? Anyone who complained on Tuesday, but ordered on Friday is a hyprocrit?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by isoft7, Oct 10, 2011.

1. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

I know a LOT of people who complained and made comments like "Apple is dead!" when the iPhone 4s was announced, only to pre-order Friday morning when they had the chance...

...seems terribly hypocritical to me.

2. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

Agreed.

Everyone wanted a redesign and now that they don't have it, they go back to admiring the iPhone4 design......

3. isoft7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just wreaks of fanboism to me.

Then again, we have threads in which people are basically saying they can't wait to talk dirty to a piece of AI software. So just how low can this forum get?

----------

Exactly.

I on the other hand was thrilled as I think the iPhone 4 case design remains the single most impressive looking handset created to date. Very happy they're sticking with it for one more go-round.

4. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

Completely false. People could have wanted and expected a re-design and were let down when none was revealed. But there are many who are committed to iOS (whether b/c of money invested in apps or for other reasons) and can't or don't want change to a new OS. It's not hypocritical at all to be disappointed and then order the new device. If anything, it's childish to call these people out in a thread.

5. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

Yep, it was such a good design and people wanted to change it....

They complain of the glass structure and how its vulnerable, maybe they should just be more careful and put a DAMN case and screen protector on it.

6. boomasta macrumors newbie

Does it matter really? Humans are random and so are their thoughts. Just ask Siri :D

7. DarbCU macrumors newbie

I wanted a redesign and was dissapointed when one wasn't announced, but I was going to get the new phone no matter what because my 3G is now a POS.

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Wait till next year when the 5 drops and those who ordered the 4S realized that the yearly upgrades are done with. This board is going to really go nuts then.

9. moel macrumors 6502

I am one of these people - raises hypocritical hand.

But then i'm the very definition of a fanboy :(

So hey ho :)

10. applefan289, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

applefan289 macrumors 68000

Agreed.

Let people do what they want, it doesn't matter either way. Don't even mention it. It's people like isoft7 who are destroying the world.

P.S. - I am NOT one of the ones who was disappointed with the 4S.

11. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

Many people expected iphone5 and the tapered design, No point in defending them, they were ready to leave iPhone4 in the dust until the 4s came and they had to settle for that.

12. mds macrumors 6502

Someone should do their dissertation on the behavior of macrumors members.

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

14. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Comments like "Apple is dead!", sure. However simply complaining that the upgrade is not what they'd hoped yet still ordering the phone is certainly not hypocritical. One can wish for better improvements, but still benefit from the improvements that were provided.

Oh, sorry for being rational - this is a forum rant - my mistake. <ahem> Dem boyz suks! :D

15. lionqueen macrumors 6502

So people aren't allowed to simply change their minds?

*reeks

16. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

This man is spot on.

17. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I used to hate on Apple for various things. As you can see by my signature and my membership here, that has certainly changed over the past year or so.

We all change our minds. It seems that the timeframe in which we do so dictates whether or not it is obvious enough to be labeled a "hypocrite".

I do think it is funny how people bashed the crap out of the 4s and then turned around to order it 3 days later, but hey, whatever works. There is always room on the bandwagon!

18. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Ditto. I use to be adverse to Apple computers. Thought they were utterly unusable, overpriced, and elitist. I was forced to use macs at work, gradually grew accustomed to it, and now I own an iMac and Air at home.

People change their minds. Big whoop.

19. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I am one of the dissapointed ones after the announcement. Still haven't ordered the 4S. I had hoped to see a Nexus Prime announcement tomorrow but no go on that as well. So still waiting to see what the Prime has to offer or hold on to my iPhone 4.

But never say never, I guess..

20. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I didn't complain, I'm not a fanboy, and I agree...who cares.

This thread is almost as low as the "Are you more attracted to members of the opposite sex that carry iPhones" thread IMHO. You're just picking a fight for the sake of it.

21. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

You must be the life of every party.

22. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

This. And yet everyone will feel they are entitled to the early upgrade pricing.

Sigh

23. musika macrumors 65816

musika

Hypocrite.

24. isoft7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow... the down votes, the grammar police... hah... while being an Apple device user myself, I find myself rather disappointed by the attitude of many here. :(