Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
crazy_will here, at beez'z house:

I was cruzing around the gateway page recently (two mins ago), and i noticed something. gateway seems to have changed their logo. plus, they're selling processor upgrades for OTHER companies' computers (i.e. a compaq xenon upgrade for $6,199). Plus, they have server accessories for other companies products. could this be a sign of things to come for gateway?!?!?!

http://accessories.gateway.com/AccessoryStore/default.htm

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
yeah...nice Apple rip-off design job, too.

Attachments

• homepage.jpg
    homepage.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 245

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
I saw a Gateway commercial on yesterday where they were pushing customer service (like AppleCare) as a selling point. It's an interesting angle.

Instead of saying, "Your computer will never fail." They're saying, "The machine will fail from time to time, but we'll always be there to help you fix it."

spinner

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2002
South Dakota
Has anyone seen the new commercial where some guy is trying to get through to tech support but keeps getting the run around. Everyone at Gateway thought that was hilarious because 90% of our customer service and tech support is outsourced so this is exactly what happens if you call here.

They are trying to change consumer's perspective of the company. According to what we were told consumers didn't associate the cow with technology. :rolleyes: So, by changing the logo and not having cow commercials anymore its suppose to change everything. Meanwhile, customer service and support still sucks and the hardware is still junk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.