Ahead of tough election

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Nov 4, 2014.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

http://news.yahoo.com/ahead-tough-e...es-dismay-washington-114830504--business.html

well, at least he did not blame Bush this time around.:D:p

2. Symtex macrumors 6502a

The problem is no one vote for something they believe but they always vote against something. This is a sad day that the right wing conservative zealot of the GOP are going to gain even more political power.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

people look for that magical "D" or "R" next to a candidates name when they vote. things do NOT change much when either one is in power.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

The day is still young.;)

5. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Go Republicans. I see nothing wrong with warmonger McCain heading up Armed Services Committee and James Inhofe, noted science scholar, as head of the Science Committee.

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

did you really have to mention McCain this early in the morning? it's almost breakfast time (making black beans for the first time) and you already got me sick with that name :mad:. McCain should be in a retirement home.

----------

that would be so awesome.

8. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

But...there are so many wars left to start. This is no time for him to retire.

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Obama seems to have no problem picking up the slack there.
    we need a war on jobs & education:D

10. Symtex macrumors 6502a

and invest in the infrastructure. America's roads and bridges are falling to pieces.

11. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

is Obama not part of the WH? is he out already? :rolleyes:

we need to bomb our roads & declare war in our cities BEFORE we can start sending aid & building them back up.

13. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

If only. If we dumped all the incumbents and broke up all the clubs, collusions and backroom deals between the parties and corporations we'd be better off.

But these days there are very few real seats in play, and most people are stupid and only care about the D and R.

Want to make the country a better place? Dump your incumbent. 1 to 2 terms tops, and then bye bye.

14. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

would be nice if we simply dropped the "R" & the "D" from them & let voters at least try to figure out WHO "represents" them.

15. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Don't try to use sarcasm to wiggle your way out of a blatant lie. I have no problem with you wanting to bash Obama but its pretty pathetic that you need to resort to misrepresenting the quotes of another individual as being those from the president.

16. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

That would make everyone actually learn about the issues that they vote on. They seem not be willing to actually learn on who they are voting on.

17. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

as stated, let me know when Obama is not part of the WH. or are you implying that Obama was out golfing & did not know anything about the statement being released? does the WH spokeman simply release statements on his own? :rolleyes:

few if any care. or they are busy/content with their lives enough to simply trust the 2 major crap houses.

18. ucfgrad93, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014

ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I voted against my incumbent in my Congressional district during the primary. Unfortunately, he won. I voted for him in the general election as I did not want to vote for his Democrat opponent.

19. samiwas macrumors 68000

I'm pretty heavy in favor of the Ds. But today I was reading about the candidates in one race. When I read over the Ds website, I was kind of turned off. Thought maybe I would end up voting for the R on that one. Then I read the Rs website. Suddenly, the D didn't look so bad. Not great by any means, but certainly better than what I was reading from the R.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

That is a very bad thing. That's probably the biggest issue with the U.S.

21. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

R's & D's are both boots that are more than happy to stump you ,,,,,er I mean sometimes you will find people who actually represent you there :p
    everyone is busy learning about eh Crapdashians & who is ahead on American idol.

22. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

That's been my Congressional voting policy for years: vote against the incumbent.

However, I've never voted for candidate who beat a sitting Congressman. That is such a rare occurrence I suspect most of us have never experienced that.

23. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

... until they show up lobbying Congress on behalf of the wealthy and powerful.