Ahhh.... don't have a MBP (not to mention an iPad) and life is good. Very good.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rm.237, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Rm.237 macrumors 6502

There were really several different ways to write this post and if it were to have a different title it would something in regards to Apples customer service and how it rocks.

I had purchased a 15-inch 2.8GHz MBP right at about a month ago and at that point had made my decision to not wait for Arrandale. Then last tuesday happend and the high res screen option had me kicking myself. So at about 11:00 in the morning that tuesday I called Apple to see if they could do anything for me. I figured that even though I was past my 14 day return policy I still kind of had that whole less than 30 days thing going for me.

Apple Robot Voice: I am an automated system that can handle complete sentences.
    Me: Supercalifragilous de expiealidocieous.
    Apple Robot Voice: It might be better if I get a representative to handle that.
    Emily: Thanks for calling Apple my name is Emily how may I help you today?
    Me: Hey, I just purchased a MBP less than a month ago and am past my 14 day return policy. I just got the news on the MBPs that came out today and wanted to see if anything could possibly be done in the form of an exchange.
    Emily: What was the order number of your purchase?
    Me: Order # ...............
    Emily: Alright. Got you pulled up in the system here. Let me just get with my supervisor to see if there is anything we can do.
    Me: Thank you.
    After about a minute.
    Emily: What we can go ahead and arrange for an exchange of your MBP and we will also be waiving any restocking fee for you.

BOOM. Just like that. Not only did they waive the restocking fee but they also gave me free two day return shipping via FedEx. Since my original form of payment was with a gift card I just have to wait for them to mail it to me which they did on Friday. i7 high res here I come! Really looking forward to it and have Apple to thank. I know some on these boards have had some bad experiences with Apples customer care but boy did they ever come through for me.

As far as the iPad thing goes. Short story. Bought 16GB WiFi. Was going to return to Apple store on 14th day because I soon realized after making my purchase that the 3G route would ultimately be best for me. Apple announces the delay of the International release of the iPad. $$$$ signs go off in my head. Next day at 11:58 p.m. I decide to put the iPad up on eBay. Put a buy it now price of $650 with $10 shipping. Go to bed at 12:26. Push email on iPhone sounds alert me at 12:49. I check my mail to find that some guy in Germany bought and paid (PayPal) for my iPad. Just like that.

So here I am with my old Mac Mini, my wife hates me touching her 27-inch i5, and my iPhone. Yep, right back where I started. But by the beginning of May all will be right with the world. :)

2. johnnymg macrumors 65816

johnnymg

Congrats on the great service................ even if I want to club you with a wad of aapl shares. ;)

3. Rm.237 thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha I hear you. Ultimately though that same customer service which ripped some margin away from a days numbers is a pretty big reason why that stock is so high.

4. MagicMouse macrumors regular

MagicMouse

Thats some great luck! Congrats!

I just became a Mac user. I moved my parents and friends to get a Mac and then I finally was able to jump in last week. I ordered an i7 17" MBP and am patiently (not really) waiting to receive my first Mac.

I keep thinking of things that could go wrong, like horrible battery life, or my hating the glossy screen, but in the end I think I will love it and how could I not???!!

All the best to ya!

5. mrgiapanta macrumors regular

"Me: Supercalifragilous de expiealidocieous.
    Apple Robot Voice: It might be better if I get a representative to handle that."
    Love it!

i doubt i would have received the same service if I purchased through Amazon.
    I'm gonna spend $50 more an buy at Apple Store with student discount.
    Thanx for the post. Very entertaining! Good Writer!