Ahmadinejad Gives Xmas TV Speech

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JW8725, Dec 24, 2008.

1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

2. remmy macrumors 6502a

I didn't watch this, and didn't really want to watch this man give a speech. Channel 4 were blatantly just going after the shock factor rather than anyone with anything good or interesting to say.

3. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Why?

If you didn't watch it, how do you know what it was for?

Anyway, I thought the speech was OK. Very religious but he did talk about what Jesus would stand for if he was alive. I agreed.

4. remmy macrumors 6502a

Why?

I thought it would be quite a bit of spin and a bit false, channel 4 claim it would be an alternative view of the world but, it isn't, he is still a politician, no different.

I did watch the previews, I would of rather had someone else, not a politician.

5. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

It was neither of those things.

Did they? I thought they claimed that it was an alternate Christmas message. As in an alternative to the Queen.

The Queen isn't a politician, nor democratically elected - so I'd say that's quite a difference.

6. remmy macrumors 6502a

I'm not defending the Queens message, but people watch it (7.8million according to the bbc).

By terms of difference I meant possibly no different from the majority of powerful politicians in this world, I was not comparing him to the Queen.

For shock factor he may be disliked in Britain either deservedly or because of poor portrayal in the British media, but he is still disliked so this is why I think it was for shock and big name value.

7. detz macrumors 65816

8. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

who are you?

9. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

He's probably making a joke about the name spelling.

Barack Obama instead of Barak Obama.

10. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I'm not sure what relevance that has? I watched the Queen and I hate the monarchy.

Well, he is. The place he is from is important, too.

That's what he's an alternative from, though.

11. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Good thing he made a speech. I had almost forgot that gay people do not exist in Iran.

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

There are no good reasons to see that guy's ugly mug.

13. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

why not?

14. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

What that guys says it usually as evil as what our vice-president and even president has said.

If God commands our president's actions and I Am assuming this guy claims "god" is controlling his actions as well... well I think they're pretty equal.

15. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

It's a great time for an American to be preaching about gays.

Preventing a war not high on your agenda, then?

16. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

And you're going to succumb to the logical fallacy that is pointed out dozens of times per week on this board? It might be hard to believe for you, but the 300 million people in America don't think the same in every respect. So because I am an American I can't speak about some criminal behavior occurring somewhere else even when that allegation is true?

That was pretty out of line and you know it. I don't presume to know all of your values and morals because of where you live and I certainly wouldn't accuse you of possessing hateful and bigoted viewpoints because some other people in your geographical vicinity might have them.

17. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Why for me? Why would it be hard for me to believe?

Utter rubbish. I said nothing about the American people as a whole, just the way you didn't say anything about the Iranian people.

My suggestion is you think about what you're saying.

18. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Would you two stop flirting in the Ahmadinejad thread.

19. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

What in the world are you talking about? I'll break it down for you.

1. I made a comment about Ahmedinejad thinking gays don't exist in his country (when, in reality, he has them executed).

2. You said
    quoting me before typing that.

You're missing the point. You implied that my complaint or criticism of Ahmedinejad was illegitimate or insincere because some other Americans are homophobic. That's ridiculous, and it's exactly what you said.

20. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I think I'm going to try and be more assertive as a new years resolution.

21. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

No, you didn't.

No, I didn't.

So which is it? Implied or exactly what I said? (HINT: The answer is neither).

Now, do you want to answer my question in my last post. Why for me? (Seriously, I want this question answered)

It's obvious that you can't comprehend what I'm saying, so I'll spell it out for you. Having a pop at Iran's gay rights when your own country is trying to quash them isn't very effective. It doesn't give you a very good platform from which to preach.

Now, onto the more important matters that you're trying to cover up about what was said. Ahmadinijad didn't say that there are no homosexuals. He said that they 'don't exists like they do here' ('here' being the US). That's true, because in effect what he is saying is that there are no (or at least very few) people that are openly Gay. This is because Gays get horrid treatment.

So if you're going to have a jab, at least do a little research first.

22. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Confident and attractive people are often more influential but there's no reason why I can't be if I work on it.

23. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Everybody is a politician.

24. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

It's not what you say, it's which thread you say it in, I suppose. :p

25. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Point conceded ;)