Ahmadinejad - The 60 Minutes Interview

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MACDRIVE, Sep 23, 2007.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

CBS 60 Minutes Interview

I watched the interview earlier tonight. I was a tad bit surprised when Scott Pelley said that to Ahmadinejad. :eek:

:apple:

2. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Were you as surprised at Ahmadinjad's feined surprise?

3. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

It was the first time I have ever heard anyone mention the possibility of the U.S. going to war with Iran. Up until now, we've only heard the accusations of certain military generals and politicians talk about Iran supplying the Shiite militias and insurgents with munitions, nothing about going to war with Iran; that's why I was so surprised when Scott Pelley blurted out what he said.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It was almost as fake as bush's responses to questions

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

The "Gee!" is silent.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

He was surprised? Guys, this is the perfect time for a sneak attack. He's not even expecting it!!

7. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Was he part of that interview too?

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

This interview is just broadly surreal....

If I can't find anything nice to say about President Bush as an American citizen, I am incredulous at the idea that an Iranian leader should have to find something positive to say about him.... :rolleyes:

9. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I guess Abdimjab was referring to those golden opportunities to be more like himself imposing Sharia law on his citizens and having them stoned to death. I guess that would also improve Bush's spirituality by his definition too.

The guy is beyond slimy in my book.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

If you think this guy is slime, then you have to agree Bush is slime as well.

11. Queso macrumors G4

They are very much two sides of the same coin. Both put into position by extremist nutcases. Both equally despised and derided at home. Both too busy willy-waving at each other to see the bigger picture.

You'd think with so much in common they'd get on famously.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No kidding. They should be getting along and shaking hands.

13. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

No matter how much someone dislikes an American politician, there's no way to lump Abdimjab and Bush together in the same category. None whatsoever.

If it were true, how long before you and others were rounded up and stoned for your dating practices? And that would only scratch the surface. I bet it would take about 5 minutes for you to take back that remark if it were really true.

14. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

They are the same,differences in nuance nothing else. How far back in history were lynchings for miscegenation,an eye blink. Bush and his ilk have modified the methods to be more efficient. What percentage of young US blacks are in goal?

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

If Bush had his way, I'm sure that's exactly what would be going on. It's also very frightening that our government now sees fit to censure an entire group of people because of their views. You don't find that in any way disturbing? What has to happen in order for you to see what's going on?

But hey- maybe I should just get on my knees and bow to King Bush for how nice he is not to stone us in the street. Instead, he only wants to write discrimination against us into the Constitution of the US. I should just shut up and take my f***ing crumb, according to you. Well, I won't.

Just because Bush isn't quite as bad as the other, doesn't mean he's a great guy.

16. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

I'm more insulted by the fact that they wouldn't let him visit the WTC site. Iran had nothing to do with 9/11. If the British PM or French President wanted to visit Ground Zero, they would be allowed. Why wouldn't they let him?

Also, I love how he told off that damn reporter for trying to speak for the entire American people.

17. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

That reporter is absolutely terrible, and should stay away from interviewing heads of states again. I especially hated the part of the interview where Pelly had mentioned that Bush's "religion" is a positive attribute.

I'm glad Ahmadinejad knows that the American people are opposed to Bush and his foreign policy. I also get the feeling that Bush will never appear with Ahmadinejad in the same room. Bush is a simpleton with no knowledge of the English language or thought process, and Ahmadinejad comes across as an intelligent and articulate person.

18. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I would recommend this article by Juan Cole at Salon.com

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You and I both know damn well that I was talking about other interviews Bush has been a part of and not this one, as he was not a part of it.

20. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Not quite sure why so many people are up in arms about President A. attending Columbia. I would love to go see him speak. Of course he will deny deny deny and allegations against his country but it would be fascinating to see this "evil" with my own eyes.

21. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I agree. It's been priceless so far. According to the news he just claimed that there were no homosexuals in Iran, so that's why they haven't had to kill any. (I'm paraphrasing)

22. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

Nobody said as much. But I agree with swarm, to compare Bush to Ahmadinejad (as equals or unfavorably) is without any merit. I will take the worst US president in the last 100 years (Bush, Nixon, Hoover, whoever) over Ahmadinejad any day of the week.

23. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

All those moron Americans protesting, why don't they actually take a look at what their OWN president has done before dissing others.

The man has taken a bold step forward to go over to USA to meet and greet the people themselves to put his point of view forward and the best they can do is tell him to sod off back home? Wow Americans are such a friendly bunch :rolleyes:

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm sorry, but I stand by my statement. Both these men are slime, albeit slime of a different color. I have my reasons, as I have pointed out. And those are only the tip of the iceberg. There's a whole laundry list. You can't call one slime, while ignoring the slimy things the other is doing.