Air America goes belly up (bankrupt)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Full of Win, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

http://bigjournalism.com/fross/2010...rica-ceasing-live-programming-this-afternoon/

Me> :D :) :p

This has been a banner week for the good guys. We broke the super majority, got a Republican elected to Teddies old seat (aka The Peoples Seat), we stalled the horrible healthcare bills, we got a nice USSC decision and now these libs have gone bankrupt.

I really need to renew my Rush 24-7 to celebrate this.

Their statement

2. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

3. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

I thought AA went belly up 4 years ago???....

4. Full of Win thread starter macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Are you thinking about the UAW sham I.E. America Radio Network. This puppy went under in 2004.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Further proof of how the liberal media are controlling this country. ;)

Have a good time wallowing in the pig sty with Rush.

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Nope. Air America previously filed for bankruptcy under Ch. 11 in 2006. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_America_Radio

B

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Plain old bad marketing caused this. I'm as liberal as a liberal can be and I never listened to it.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think it was just bad programming. I'm quite surprised it lasted as long as it did.

9. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

The real threat seems to be going strong, AFAICT. The right wing has failed in their efforts against the serious, entrenched, popular radio network.

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I don't know how impeding a universal healthcare bill makes you a "good guy". I'm not saying it makes you a bad guy, but it definitely doesn't make you good.

Of course this is coming from the guy who thinks we need to deport all illegal Haitians as soon as possible even though they'd go home to rubble.

11. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

The few times I listened to it, it sounded like they were stooping to Rush and Coulter's level.

I really don't like pig sty journalism and that's why I've never been a fan of Michael Moore.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Exactly- liberals don't like these kinds of tactics, that's why it failed. Good riddance AirAmerica- RIP. We have no desire to become as repulsive as Rush Limbaugh.

13. Surely Guest

Surely

For the good guys?:rolleyes: It's because of people like you that this country is so polarized and no progress is made.

Here here.

14. Forsaken macrumors regular

Forsaken

It's actually worth celebrating when normal, perfectly human Americans lose their jobs?

You're sick.

15. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

IOKIYAR.

BTW, who is Air America? <--- See, that's the point that makes this such a non-issue. Nobody has heard of them anyways.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think its some kind of liberal radio station, but I thought it was an airline.

17. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I thought so too! I was like how cold of Full of It to be happy an airline failed.

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Seriously I think I would be, the US has too many airlines and they are all not really profitable and there are too many flights over New York for example so you get loads of delays. One going bankrupt would probably be a good thing.

19. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

It was an airline,fully owned and operated by the CIA,after a disgusting history in the fifties,sixties and early seventies it was disbanded in 1976.
    Air America Media is a different entity.

20. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

The OP hasn't replies yet, which makes me think he's avoiding the subject . . . it's terrible for a company to fall, much less for the employees to be retrenched. :mad:

21. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'd listened to it from time to time, and rarely heard anything as repulsive as Rush. Jerry Springer when he was on (of all people) was particularly fair and thoughtful, quite the opposite of the right's hate radio.

I do think it's instructive on why FOW is the way he is, when he posts sources for stories like this not from the Washington Post (which also had it) or any other legit news source, but from right wing propaganda blogs. I'm guessing if he's been listening to these kinds of sources for years and years, it goes a long way toward explaining how his views got so warped.

22. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

It was a slam-bang adventure that was wonderfully executed. Too bad it went under.

Attached Files:

23. Desertrat macrumors newbie

One of the freedoms of a free market is the freedom to fail. To be successful means having something to sell that folks want to buy.

Limbaugh has worked his way to successful selling to some 20 million people on a daily basis by having a desirable product. Air America lacked having anything to sell that anybody wanted. So, naturally, vox populi--and Air America went broke.

The whiny slurs against Limbaugh for being right-wing are reminscent of the whiny slurs against Liberace for being gay. Somebody commented, "Liberace is really upset by what people are saying. Why, he cries--all the way to the bank."

24. samiwas macrumors 65816

OK, so this is my opinion, so don't come back with your "source??" crap....

What I have noticed among my few friends who are right-wing conservative types, is that a large percentage of them follow right-wing media such as Rush and Fox News and all that stuff, to find out what the next thing they are supposed to go against is.

From what I know of my more liberal friends (which are a multitude more than my conservative ones), few, if any, of them follow liberal media. Why? Because I feel we don't need to be fed our thoughts...and really, most of us just don't ***** care.

Right-wing conservative types care a whole lot more about their agendas. I get the daily conservative videos posted all over my facebook from those few friends...I think I have rarely seen "liberal" videos posted.

And as for Full of Whack, has anyone ever seen him come back to a thread he has started? It's rare. Just a troll, really.

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No one cares about anyone being right wing. What concerns people are lies, ignorance and hatred. All of which Limbaugh promotes.

You hit the nail on the head. I agree with every point you made.