Air attacks kill at least 19 at Afghanistan hospital in Kunduz

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FieldingMellish, Oct 4, 2015.

1. FieldingMellish Suspended

What a major screwup. The hospital, run in part by Doctors without Borders, has been blasted , purportedly by the American military as run under President Obama.

The blasts left part of the hospital in flames and rubble, killing 12 staffers and seven patients -- including three children -- and injuring 37 other people, the charity said. "(The bombing) constitutes a grave violation of international humanitarian law," Doctors Without Borders, known internationally as Medecins Sans Frontieres, or MSF, said."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/03/asia/afghanistan-doctors-without-borders-hospital/

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I read multiple reports of this event and they all give a slightly different version. One said that Afghan Helicopter gunships had done the damage, another said it was American jets and yet another said that there was a battle with Taliban fighters in the building waging a battle with Afghan troops outside. There was also some indication that maybe the Taliban had shot most of the dead.

I have no idea which one to believe.

None of them mentioned Obama.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I am amazed that Obama has the time to fly on bombing missions.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

By that standard bush is not to blame for anything

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

King Hussein has plenty of time for killing innocents. It's how he relaxes after a few games of golf.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

well, he does drone the crap out of them, even at weddings. http://www.democracynow.org/2014/2/21/turning_a_wedding_into_a_funeral

7. sim667 macrumors 65816

It frankly disturbs me that the US have criticised Russia for its actions and then go on to knowingly bomb and MSF hospital.

8. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

What is your point?

Do you think that collateral damage and friendly fire casualties have only happened under President Obama?

At least we have progressed beyond the total war strategic bombing policies of WWII and Vietnam.

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Obama talked so much about killing Usama bin Laden, I thought he kicked-in the door and shot him in the face.

A good leader doles out the credit to others and and takes the hits himself.