AirDock: My novel approach to using Siri in the car

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Twimfy, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Twimfy macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

Please delete this post if it's inappropriate or not allowed but I've come up with a low cost way of accessing Siri easily whilst driving. I also plan to use the "technology" as a disability aid for iPhone users.

It's called the AirDock and it is currently in the prototype stages but accomplished enough that I've submitted it to Kickstarter.

I'd love it if you could take a look: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/timhugall/in-car-eyeless-siritm-for-your-iphone-the-airdock?ref=home_location

Thank you.

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

3. Twimfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

Thanks. I've had quite a lot of negative feedback but I don't think a lot of people get it. I'm hoping to record a new video tomorrow of it in action while I drive to try and get the idea across.

The pitch is basically you can buy a standard windscreen dock for £15 or spend £5 extra and get one with a novelty attachment that does something pretty useful.

I'm doing it all on a budget of absolute zero at the moment so it doesn't have the usual flare of a kickstarter project (e.g. OCdesk) but hopefully people like it and it takes off.

I love using the prototype.