Airplay doesn't work in Music app, but works in other apps

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by mach, Jan 27, 2014.

1. mach macrumors regular

Hello, strange issue—listening to music over Airplay has stopped working on my iPhone 5s, but only in the Music app—Spotify, Beats, videos through Safari, Youtube, etc still Airplay fine. I've tried closing the Music app, restarting, as well as hard reset.

Might this be a software bug? Any help or troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Have you tried restarting your phone? goofy issues like that usually get fixed by a reboot.

3. cynics macrumors G3

What are you AirPlaying too? Have you tried resetting/restarting that?

I have a no sound issue from the music app occasionally using AppleTV. It's weird because it works from the AppleTV and it's other native apps.

If it's an ATV and you haven't tried it yet it's the menu button + down on the remote until the light flashes rapidly.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

My kid's iPod stopped AirPlaying to anything. I called AppleCare and they suggested I restart it. Until that time I was always saying a restart wasn't necessary, just a turn off and on. I was wrong. The restart rejiggered the whatsit and it could Airplay again.

5. Issaco21 macrumors newbie

@Pnutts

I did the same, and it worked. Thanks for the solution!

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

We are so used to Apple products being bulletproof we never think about restarting the device to fix oddball errors.

7. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

Really? That would be like the first thing I would try.